1. Doctors across West Bengal are on strike after two of their colleagues were attacked and seriously injured at the NRS Medical College and Hospital in Kolkata by a mob following the death of a patient. The Indian Medical Association declared All India Protest Day against the incident and expressed solidarity with the striking doctors.
2. India’s match against New Zealand, Match 18 of the ICC World Cup 2019 got called off after rain affected play. The match was abandoned without a single ball bowled. The two teams shared one point each.
3. Bangladesh has unveiled a growth-friendly budget focused on infrastructure development. Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has set a GDP growth rate of 8.2 percent for the current financial year and announced that the poverty rate will be brought down by 10 percent in the next four years.
4. The Union Government has approved setting up of e-Foreigner Tribunal (e-FT) in Assam. The main objective of the project is to maintain a statewide bio-metric and biographic data, to capture the illegal migrants’ data to computerize data flow for all the stakeholders.
5. President Donald Trump has announced that White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders will step down at the end of June 2019. In the announcement that came as a surprise to many, Trump said that Sarah is a very special person with extraordinary talents, who has done an incredible job.
6. World Blood Donor Day is celebrated every year on the birth anniversary on June 14. The theme of this year’s campaign is blood donation and universal access to safe blood transfusion, as a component of achieving universal health coverage. WHO has developed the slogan “Safe blood for all”.
7. The HSTDV is an unmanned scramjet (allowing supersonic combustion) demonstration vehicle that can cruise up to a speed of Mach 6 (or six times the speed of sound) and rise up to an altitude of 32. Km in 20 seconds
8. Indian Navy and Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) have signed a contract recently worth Rs. 1187.82 crore for supply of heavyweight torpedo Varunastra to Indian Navy. Varunastra is basically a ship-launched, electrically-propelled underwater weapon equipped with one of the most advanced automatic and remote-controlled guidance systems.
9. Kartikeya Gupta Chandresh from Maharashtra has become the all India topper in JEE Advanced exam this year. As per the official notification released by JEE Advanced, a total number of 1, 61, 319 candidates appeared in both papers 1 and 2 in JEE (Advanced) 2019. A total of 38705 candidates have qualified JEE (Advanced) 2019.
10. This museum will showcase the heritage of trade with India’s inland waterways. Lothal was chosen because there have been such archaeological remains are present that points toward India’s marine activities. This place was a major marine activity center of Harappans.
14th June 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here
14th June 2019 Current Affairs PDF: Download
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|