1. The centre has announced Special Credit Facility worth Rs 5000 crore for all street vendors. There are 50 lakh street vendors, who will be able to avail this special credit facility. An initial working capital worth Rs 10000 will be provided.
2. The Credit Link Subsidy scheme, which was introduced by the government in May 2017, was initially extended till March 31, 2020. The scheme has now been extended for one more year till March 2021. This is expected to benefit around 2.5 lakh more families and help them get affordable houses.
3. The central government will provide Rs 30,000 crore additional emergency working capital fund through NABARD to the small and marginal farmers under AatmaNirbhar Economic Package. The amount will be immediately released for post-harvest Rabi work and for preparatory work for Kharif crops.
4. The PM-CARES Fund Trust, in its first allocation on May 13, 2020 decided to allocate Rs 3,100 crore to support India’s battle against COVID-19 pandemic.
5. The PM-CARES fund trust has allocated Rs 100 crore for coronavirus vaccine development. The fund will support all the COVID-19 vaccine designers and developers in India to catalyse vaccine development.
6. The BRICS’s New Development Bank has decided to provide USD 1 billion emergency assistance loan to India to support its efforts to combat the coronavirus pandemic, contain its spread and reduce human, social and economic losses.
7. The Indian Railways has cancelled regular passenger train service including Mail, Express, Passenger and Suburban Services till June 30, 2020. The Railways will issue full refund for the same.
8. India was ranked at the 74th position on the Global Energy Transition Index. The annual index was released by the World Economic Forum on May 13, 2020. India’s ranking has improved this year in key parameters of economic security, economic growth, and environmental sustainability.