- The “Kisan Maan-Dhan Yojana”(KMY) for small and marginal farmers was launched in Ranchi, the capital city of Jharkhand. This scheme would benefit 5crore farmers nationwide. Outlay: The scheme is outlayed at a cost of Rs 10,774 Crores for the next three years. Contribution: Farmers can contribute to KMDY in terms of installments from PM-KISAN scheme and through Common Service Centres (CSC).
- KMY is a monthly pension scheme launched in 9thAugust, 2019 for small and marginal farmers between 18-40years and provides Rs 3000 after the age of 60. The monthly contribution ranges from Rs55-Rs200 depending on the age of entry in this scheme.
- PM dedicated the nation’s second Multi-Modal Terminal (MMT) at the Sahibganj town of Jharkhand built across river Ganga under Jal Marg Vikas Project (JMVP). The phase1 building cost of the terminal was 290 crores.
• Built by: Inland Waterways Authority of India(IWAI).
• Phase 1 cost: 290 crores.
• Project launch: 10 November, 2016
• Project completion: September, 2019
• Phase 2: Phase 2 of the terminal is expected to cost around ₹376 crores.
- Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) is the pension fund manager of the scheme “Kisan Maan-Dhan Yojana”(KMY).The supervisor of this scheme is Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare(MAFW).
- V stands for Vyaparik. The full form of PMLVMY is Pradhan Mantri Laghu Vyaparik Mandhan Yojana. Government has earmarked Rs 750 crore for the scheme in the Union Budget 2019-20.
6.New Jharkhand Vidhan Sabha (state assembly building) was inaugurated by PM in presence of Jharkhand Chief Minister(CM) Raghubardas and governor Droupadi Murmu and had also laid foundation stone for the New Secretariat Building at Ranchi. Assembly Feature: Area: The three storey building was built on an area of 39 acres of land. Cost: The cost of construction was Rs 465 crore. Foundation stone: Jharkhand’s Chief Minister (CM) Raghubar das laid the foundation stone June 12, 2015. This assembly becomes the first paperless assembly of the country.
- On September 11, 2019 Prime Minister of India launched nationwide campaign “Swachhta Hi Seva 2019”(SHS).The theme for 2019 is ‘plastic waste awareness and management’. This SHS which means “Cleanliness is service” is observed from 11th September to October 2nd 2019 as part of the Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM) that also aims to make the nation Open Defecation Free (ODF) on the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi on September 2, 2019.
- On September 11, 2019 the Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi launched nationwide campaign “Swachhta Hi Seva 2019”(SHS) in Mathura, Uttar Pradesh(UP). The theme for 2019 is ‘plastic waste awareness and management’. This SHS which means “Cleanliness is service” is observed from 11th September to October 2nd 2019 as part of the Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM) that also aims to make the nation Open Defecation Free (ODF) on the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi on September 2, 2019.
|Top 5 states||Bottom 5 states|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Tamil Nadu|
- The Country’s first of its kind survey, named “India Iodine Survey 2018-19” to measure iodized salt coverage conducted by Nutrition International in collaboration with the All India Institute of Medical Sciences and the Indian Coalition for the Control of Iodine Deficiency Disorders (ICCIDD).
- The Country’s first of its kind survey named, “India Iodine Survey 2018-19” to measure iodized salt coverage conducted by Nutrition International in collaboration with the All India Institute of Medical Sciences and the Indian Coalition for the Control of Iodine Deficiency Disorders (ICCIDD) has reported that Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) has topped the list of best performers in iodised salt coverage. J&K is followed by Nagaland and Manipur in the second and third place respectively. Meanwhile the country’s third largest iodized salt producer Tamil Nadu was reported to be the lowest iodised salt consuming state in the country.
- On September 10, 2019, The 8th Edition of Asian Ministerial Energy Roundtable (AMER8) for the year 2019 was held in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UAE) and India was the co host along with UAE. It was held alongside the 24th Edition of World Energy Congress (WEC).
- From the Indian side, it was attended by the Union Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas Mr Dharmendra Pradhan who is on a 3 day visit to UAE. AMER8 had 2 plenary sessions which focussed on the role of new technologies for a more competitive & productive world energy mix and advancing inclusive access to secure, affordable and sustainable energy services.
- AMER9 is scheduled to be held in New Delhi in 2021.17th Ministerial IEF: The findings from the AMER8 will help the 17th Ministerial International Energy Forum will be hosted by Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in Riyadh on 17 April 2020 with Morocco and Nigeria as co-hosts .The upcoming 18th IEF will be held in Morocco in 2022.
14.On September 10, 2019, on the eve of the 18th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, the United States (US) Department of State designated the chief of the banned Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) Noor Wali Mehsud, also known as Mufti Noor Wali Mehsud, as a ‘Specially Designated Global Terrorist’ (SDGT). TTP has held over 1400 terrorists attacks in Pakistan in last 12 years. He became the chief of TTP in June 2018 after the death of Mullah Fazlullah in Afghanistan. He is among the 12 SDGT leaders of previously designated groups which includes TTP, Hizbullah, Hamas, Palestinian Islamic Jihad, the Islamic State (IS), IS-Philippines, ISIS-West Africa and an al Qaeda affiliated group fighting in Syria.
- On September 11, 2019 the new luxurious train of Sri Lanka (SL), Pulathisi Express which was produced under the ‘Make in India’ project of the Indian Railways was launched. The president of SL Shri Maithripala Sirisena flagged off the new train from Fort railway station in Colombo to Polonnaruwa, North central province of SL. The train was supplied under Line of Credit (LoC) by Rail India Technical and Economic Service (RITES) ltd and was manufactured by the Integral Coach Factory (ICF) in Chennai.
16.On September 11, 2019, The Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Karnataka Bank, M S Mahabaleshwara was included in the Managing Committee of Indian Banks Association (IBA). He was elected unopposed from the private sector member banks category. This announcement was made during the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of IBA held at Mumbai, Maharashtra. The total membership of IBA stands at 253 consisting of public sector, private sector and foreign banks.