1. The United States has halted its funding to the World Health Organisation. US President Donald Trump on April 14, 2020 instructed his administration to halt the funding stating that a review will be conducted to assess WHO’s role in severely mismanaging and covering up the spread of the coronavirus.
2. India is set to host the 2020 Asian Boxing Championships, which be held between November-December 2020. The formal announcement will be made by the Asian Boxing Confederation once the COVID-19 situation improves a bit.
3. The Spanish Flu pandemic had hit the world in between 1918-1920, during the end of the First World War. The flu killed more than 50 million people across the globe. It was first reported in Europe and then it spread to other continents.
4. The International Monetary Fund has predicted India’s Growth Rate to be 1.9 percent in 2020 from 5.8 per cent in January. The international body has predicted 1.2 percent growth rate for China in 2020. Only India and China will register positive growth in 2020 despite COVID-19 pandemic, as per IMF data.
5. The 44th session of the World Heritage Committee of UNESCO was scheduled to be held in Fuzhou from June 29 to July 9, 2020. The session has now been postponed to a later date due to the COVID-19 pandemic. China’s Ministry of Education made the announcement on April 15, 2020.
6. The United States has decided to allow extension of H1B visas, bringing major relief to the Indians stranded in the nation due to coronavirus pandemic. The H-1B visa is a non-immigrant visa, under which US companies can employ foreign workers in specialty occupations, which require theoretical or technical expertise.
7. DRDO’s Defence Research and Development Laboratory (DRDL) has developed COVID Sample Collection Kiosk (COVSACK). The kiosk will be useful for healthcare workers while taking the samples of infected COVID-19 patients.
8. Uttar Pradesh has received clearance from the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) to start pool testing for COVID-19. This will make the state the first in India to attempt the method. Under the pool testing method, multiple swab samples will be pooled together and tested. This method will be applied to test samples from low risk areas. It will help fasten the diagnosis of COVID-19.
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|