- The Inter-State Council was reconstituted with Prime Minister Narendra Modi as its chairman and 6 Union ministers and chief ministers as members. The Article 263 of the Constitution provides for the establishment of an Inter-State Council which is mandated to inquire into and advise upon disputes which may arise between states, investigate and discuss subjects in which some or all of the states, or the Union and one or more of the states, have a common interest.
- On August 14, 2019, Dr. Mahendra Nath Pandey, Minister for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) stated that world-class Indian Institute of Skills (IIS) will be set up in Mumbai, Maharashtra in association with Tata Educational and Development Trust (TEDT) aimed at scaling up of skill training enabling the young generation to acquire skills at par with global standards.
- The government reconstituted the standing committee of the Inter-State Council with the chairmanship of Home Minister Amit Shah. 4 Union ministers Nirmala Sitharaman, Narendra Singh Tomar, Thaawar Chand Gehlot & Gajendra Singh Shekhawat and 8 chief ministers are the members. It will have consultation and recommend matters for consideration of the council, process all matters pertaining to Centre-state relations before they are taken up for consideration in the council, monitor the implementation of decisions taken on the recommendations of the council and consider any other matter referred to it by the council.
- On august 04, 2019 CORAS (Commandos For Railway Security), a special railway unit for the Indian railways and a new establishment manual for the Railway Protection Force (RPF) was launched by union Railway Minister Shri Piyush Goyal at a function in New Delhi railway station.
- On July 26 2019, the first space museum of India opening new attraction to space enthusiasts, was set up at Hyderabad in association with Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO). The museum is housed in the Birla Science Museum. It gave Space of 9000 square feet to set up the space museum. It was inaugurated on the celebration on golden jubilee year of the Birla Archaeological and Cultural Research Institute (BACRI).
- Japanese Ship, JS Sazanami, the fourth vessel of the Takanami class destroyers of the Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force (JMSDF) commanded by Commander Shoji Ishkawa visited Kochi on a 2-day goodwill visit from August 13 to 19, 2019.
- On August 12, 2019, 4th India-China Media Forum was held in Beijing, China has brought the important stakeholders and opinion makers from the two countries, attended by members of the Indian and Chinese media.
- External Affairs Minister (EAM) of India Dr. Subrahmanyam Jaishankar visited(3-day from August 11 to 13,2019)Beijing, China during which he had bilateral meetings with his counterpart Foreign Minister and State Councillor Wang Yi, Vice President Wang Qishan, 4th meeting of the India-China Media Forum on cultural and people-to-people exchanges & signed 5 MoUs(memorandum of understanding) during the visit.
- 5 MoU’s are signed between India and China.
|S.No||MoU signed between India and China||Representative Signing from Indian Side||Representative Signing from Chinese Side|
|1||Plan of Action to Implement the Protocol between the Ministry of External Affairs of the Republic of India and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People’s Republic of China on Cooperation in Bilateral Relations, 2020||Dr. S Jaishankar, External Affairs Minister of India||Mr. Wang Yi, State Councillor and Foreign Minister of PRC|
|2||MoU on Sports Cooperation Between the General Administration of Sports of People’s Republic of China and the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports of the Republic of India||Shri Radhey Shyam Julaniya, Secretary Sports, Govt of India||Mr. Gao Zhidan, Deputy Director-General, General Administration of Sports of China|
|3||Programme of Cultural Exchange between the Government of People’s Republic of China and the National Museum, New Delhi, Government of||India Shri Vikram Misri, Ambassador of India to PRC||Mr. Zhang Xu, Vice Minister, Ministry of Culture and Tourism of PRC|
|4||MoU Between National Administration of Traditional Chinese Medicine of the People’s Republic of China and Ministry of Ayush of the Republic of India concerning cooperation in Traditional Medicine||Shri Vikram Misri, Ambassador of India to PRC||Mr. Yu Wenming, Director General, National Administration of Traditional Chinese Medicine|
|5||MoU Between Hubei Provincial Museum, People’s Republic of China and the National Museum, New Delhi, Government of India||Shri Vikram Misri, Ambassador of India to PRC||Mr. Fangqin, Curator, Hubei Provincial Museum, PRC|
- In a bid to help the Financially sound NBFCs (Non- Banking Financial Companies), including Housing Finance Companies (HFCs), which are facing stress following stocks of defaults, the Central Government has issued guidelines of partial guarantee scheme covering a maximum standard asset value of Rs 1 trillion under which state-run public-sector banks (PSBs) can purchase high-rated pooled assets originated up to March 31, 2019, from NBFCs.
- Umbrella organisation for operating retail payments and settlement, National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has stated that Aadhaar enabled Payment System (AePS) used by a total of 6.65 crore Indian citizens stood at 220.18 million with transaction value Rs 9,685.35 crore during July 2019 against the transaction count of 194.33 million with transaction value of Rs 8,867.33 crore in June 2019.
- Denmark’s third-largest bank, Jyske Bank has launched the world’s first negative interest rate mortgage – handing out loans to homeowners where the charge is minus 0.5% a year. It has begun offering borrowers a 10-year deal at -0.5%. Negative interest rates effectively mean that a bank pays a borrower to take money off their hands, so they pay back less than they have been loaned. Another Danish bank, Nordea will begin offering 20-year fixed-rate deals at 0% and a 30-year mortgage at 0.5%.
- On August 10, 2019, Rajasthan was awarded “best innovation and initiative leadership award” at the 14th World Education Summit-2019, held at New Delhi. The state was awarded for its achievement in higher education. The award was received by Minister of State(MoS) for Higher Education Shri Bhanwar Singh Bhati.
|Innovative Practices for Academic Excellence award||Sant Nandlal Vidya Mandir, Jharkhand|
|Emerging University of India award||O P Jindal University, Raigarh, Chattisgarh.|