1. Reliance Industries conducted its 43rd Annual General Meeting on July 15, 2020. In one of the most awaited announcements, RIL Chairman and Managing Director Mukesh Ambani confirmed that Google will invest Rs 33,737 crore for a 7.7 percent stake in Jio Platforms.
2. The BCCI has appointed Hemang Amin as the interim CEO of the board to replace Rahul Johri, whose resignation was accepted last week. The announcement was made on July 13, 2020.
3. The United Kingdom has imposed a ban on its telecom companies from sourcing 5G equipment from Chinese telecom company Huawei. The announcement was made by UK’s Digital Secretary Oliver Dowden after a meeting chaired by UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson.
4. US President Donald Trump on July 14, 2020 repealed his controversial directive to deport international students who decide to take online classes amid coronavirus pandemic.RDO) has developed P7 Heavy Drop System that is capable of para dropping military stores up to 7-ton weight class from IL 76 aircraft. The system is fully indigenous and is being manufactured by L&T.
6. Reliance Jio has launched a new and innovative technology- Jio Glass, a new mixed reality headset, which will enable holographic video calling. Jio Glass will bring teachers and students together in virtual 3D classrooms and conduct holographic classes through the Jio Mixed Reality cloud in real-time.
7. Prime Minister Narendra Modi attended the India-European Union virtual summit on July 15 and highlighted the key role played by both the regions in the economic reconstruction in the post-COVID-19 world.
8. Prime Minister Narendra Modi delivered a video address on World Youth Skill Day on July 15, 2020. The day has marked the fifth anniversary of the launch of Skill India Mission.