- Sirsi Supari Gets GI Tag —The Sirsi Supari of Karnataka has got GI tag. Sirsi Supari is the first product from the Arecanut sector to get a GI tag.
- Special Olympics World Game Began in UAE —Special Olympics World Games 2019 is held at Abu Dhabi, from March 14 to 21. The Games were declared open by Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed AI Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi.
- The UK Removes the cap on Ph.D. Level work visas —U.K. Announces in a Budget update, referred to as the annual Spring Statement, that from later this year all PhD-level highly-qualified roles will be exempt from any cap on the numbers that can apply and come to work in Britain.
- DRDO Successfully Test Fired Man Portable Anti-Tank guided Missile —Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully test fired Man-portable Anti-Tank Guided Missile (MPATGM) in the desert ranges of Rajasthan.
- NTPC Partners with Indian Railways for fly ash Transportation —State-run National Thermal Power Corporation Ltd. (NTPC) has teamed up with the Indian Railways for fly ash transportation. The partnership is to help enhance ash utilization at Rihand and Vindhyachal Super Thermal Power Plants.
- IFFM to be from 29th March at Malappuram, Kerala —The 77th International Film Festival of Malappuram (IFFM) organized by the Rasmi Film Society will be held at Malappuram, Kerala on March 29, 30 and 31.
- Three Kirti Chakras and 15 Shaurya Chakras Awarded by the President to Army Personnel —President Ram Nath Kovind conferred 3 Kirti Chakras and 15 Shaurya Chakras to Armed Forces Personnel for displaying conspicuous gallantry, indomitable courage and extreme devotion duty at the Defence Investiture Ceremony at Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi.
- ECI to Launch Observer App —The Election Commission of India (ECI) is to launch the Observer App, a mobile application that will help poll observers to submit reports. The poll observers will get all the important notifications and alerts through the ‘Observer App’.
- Vienna Topped the Most Liveable Cities Index for the 10th Year —The Austrian capital Vienna has topped Mercer’s index of most liveable cities for the 10th year in a row. Zurich in Switzerland is placed second in the index.
- AFINDEX-19 —Africa-India Joint Field Training Exercise (AFINDEX-19) between the Indian Army and 16 African nations will be conducted in Pune from March 18 to 27.
15th March 2019 Current Affairs in PDF: Download
15th March 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here