1.NASA claims that as per first evidence these faults of shrinking is still active and producing moonquakes today as the Moon continues to gradually cool.
2. A study published in the zoological journal explained that an extinct bird came back from the dead after a process called ‘iterative evolution’ twice.
3. A species of new vine snake have discovered in the eastern part of Odisha. These new species have found after a century because last discovery was made about vine snake in the year 1906.
4. Mercedes-Benz recently announced that the company would stop selling traditional combustion engine cars by 2039 and plans for its new vehicles sold worldwide by that time to be carbon-neutral.
5. RBI appoints former deputy governor R Gandhi on board of Yes Bank. It is rare for the RBI to make a special board appointment.
6. Mexico City recently declared an environmental emergency after the City’s air quality sharply worsened as a result of a series of wildfires. Smoke from nearby wildfires pushed pollution of the city to levels deemed potentially harmful to human health.
7. Kiki Bertens of The Netherlands won the Women’s Singles Title in Madrid Open tennis, defeating Simona Halep. With this victory, Bertens became the first woman ever to win Madrid singles title championship without dropping a set.
8. UN imposed sanctions on terror group ISIS-Khorasan for its links with Al-Qaeda and involvement in several attacks in Afghanistan and Pakistan. The group was formed in 2015 by a Pakistani national.
9. India was chosen as the Co-chair of the Consultative Group (CG) of Global Facility for Disaster Reduction and Recovery (GFDRR) for the fiscal year 2020. The move came after India expressed its interest to Co-chair the Group during its last meeting in October 2018.
10. NGT directed 18 States and 2 Union Territories to submit their respective action plans on the utilization of treated wastewater to reduce pressure on the groundwater resources across the country.
15th May 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here
15th May 2019 Current Affairs PDF: Download