1. The Union Home Ministry has issued an advisory stating that the Zoom video conferencing app is “not safe” for private persons and entities.
2. Aarogya Setu has become the world’s fastest app to reach 50 million users, within just 13 days. The app will send out alerts even if the user comes in close proximity with the COVID-19 positive case even unknowingly.
3. The second G20 Finance Ministerial Meeting was conducted on April 15, 2020. The meeting was attended by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman. The Minister shared the policy measures being implemented by the Government of India and RBI during the meeting.
4. RMS Titanic sank, which was carrying around 2000 passengers and crew, sank at 2.20 am on April 15, 1912. The British ocean liner had hit an iceberg about two and half hours before it sank in the North Atlantic Ocean, 400 miles south of Newfoundland, Canada.
5. Tour de France, the world’s biggest cycling competition, has been rescheduled and will now be held from August 29, 2020 and conclude on September 30, 2020. The International Cycling Union announced the new dates on April 15. The race was earlier scheduled to start from June 27 to July 29 in Nice but was rescheduled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
6. The Ministry of Tourism launched a new webinar series ‘ Dekho Apna Desh’ on April 14, 2020. The webinar series aims to provide information about many destinations and cultures from across India.
7. The US State Department said in a report on April 15, 2020 that China may have secretly set off low-level underground nuclear test explosions despite claiming to observe an international pact banning such blasts.
8. The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has collaborated with the World Health Organization to enable the systematic engagement of WHO’s national polio surveillance network, and other field staff, for India’s COVID-19 response. This would help tap into the best practices and resources that had helped India defeat polio.