- Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the appointment of Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) in his sixth consecutive Independence Day speech. The Chief of Defence Staff will help integrate all three services – the Indian Army, the Air Force and the Indian Navy.
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy launched the ‘Village Volunteers System’ to provide services at doorstep of people. The system was launched on the occasion of Independence Day.
- The Panchamirtham prasadam of Tamil Nadu was recently granted the Geographical Indication (GI) tag. The Panchamirtham is given as ‘prasadam’ at the Murugan temple of Palani, Tamil Nadu.
- Virat Kohli has become the first batsman to score 20,000 international runs in a decade during the match against West Indies. He has scored 20,502 runs across three formats out of which he has scored 20,018 runs in the ongoing decade.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced during his Independence Day speech that the government will launch a Jal Jeevan Mission to bring piped water supply to every house. He also urged the people to come forward and contribute in conserving water resources.
- ISRO Chairman K. Sivan, was awarded Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Award by Tamil Nadu government. He was awarded in recognition of his stellar work in promotion of science and technology. The award carries 8 gm gold medal, Rs.5 lakh in cash and a citation.
- SAMARTH is skill development scheme of Union Ministry of Textiles, covering the entire value chain of the textile sector excluding Spinning & Weaving in organized Sector. It was approved by Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) in December 2017.
- Former India batsman VB Chandrasekhar passed away at the age of 57 in Chennai. Chandrasekhar, who is survived by his wife and two daughters, represented India in seven ODIs and played 81 first-class matches.
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|