- December 16th is celebrated as a remembrance of the valor of the Indian Army in the history of India. In the year 1971, on this day the Indian Army defeated Pakistan, due to which this day is known as Victory Day every year. On 16th December 1971, 93,000 Pakistani soldiers surrendered before the Indian Army Commander Lt Gen Jagjit Singh Arora in Dhaka.
- On the recommendation of India, the United Nations General Assembly has declared 21st May as International Tea Day. India presented this proposal 4 years ago at the International Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) inter-governmental group meeting in Milan. At present, on December 15, International Tea Day is celebrated in the tea producing countries. The month of May was chosen because this month is considered to be the best for tea production.
- Indian-origin Jamaican resident Tony N. Singh was chosen as Miss World 2019. The event was organized in London. She was crowned by Miss World Vanessa Ponce of 2018. India’s Suman Rao was ranked third in the Miss World competition. She has also been Miss World Asia 2019. Earlier in June, she was chosen as Miss India 2019.
- British Prime Minister Boris Johnson of Conservative Party has won 364 seats out of the total 650 seats in the House of Commons. Jeremy Corbyn’s Labor Party has won 203 seats. The victory gives Britain a strong base to leave the European Union in January 2020.
- Central Sanskrit University Bill, 2019 will make Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan (Bhopal), Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeeth (New Delhi) and Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeeth (Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh) as Central Universities. These universities impart Sanskrit education to the students. Sanskrit language is taught in more than 250 universities in 100 countries worldwide. Sanskrit is taught at 14 universities in Germany.
- Moody’s Investors Service is an American credit rating agency under Moody’s Corporation. According to Moody’s, GDP growth rate is expected to increase in the year 2020. The GDP growth rate is expected to be 6.6 percent next year. GDP growth is expected to be 6.7 percent in the year 2021.
- Tension between the two states over the issue has been building since 1960. Mullaperiyar Dam is located in the Idukki district of Kerala at the confluence of the Mullayar and Periyar rivers. The purpose of this dam is to divert the waters of the Periyar river flowing westwards to the east in the rain shadow areas in Tamil Nadu. The Periyar River is the longest river in the state of Kerala with a length of 244 km.
- The theme of this Congress to be held in New Delhi, India is”Geosciences: Basic Sciences for Inclusive Development” (Geosciences: The Basic Science for a Sustainable Future). The International Geological Congress (IGC) is the prestigious global platform for the advancement of earth science. The first session of the IGC was held in France in the year 1878. India is the only Asian country which is organizing this conference for the second time. India organized the 22nd IGC (first in Asia) for the first time in 1964.
- Apart from PakistanIndus river, this list also includes Tarim river of Central Asia, Amu Darya river and Sir Dariya river and Ganga-Brahmaputra river of South Asia. According to the study, the sensitivity of the Indus and its tributaries will have an impact on countries like Afghanistan, Nepal and Pakistan besides India. Water towers are one type of natural storage tank. These tanks fill with melting ice available on glaciers and mountains and provide clean water to many people living nearby.
- It aims to showcase India’s achievements in energy efficiency and conservation. In India, the Energy Conservation Act 2001 was enacted by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE). Energy conservation is said to avoid unnecessary use of energy and use the least amount of energy. Its purpose is to save energy for future use.
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|