- The Union Civil Aviation Minister Hardeep Singh Puri announced in a press briefing on July 16 that Bilateral Air Bubbles will be the way to resume international travel amid the Covid-19 pandemic with certain conditions.
- Indian Railways will move towards 100 percent electrification in the next 3.5 years, announced Railways Minister Piyush Goyal while addressing an event organised by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) on July 16, 2020. The Minister shared that by 2030, every Indian citizen will be a proud owner of the world’s largest clean Railways.
- The Twitter accounts of some of the world’s top business magnates, politicians and celebrities were hacked in an alleged Bitcoin scam. Some of the accounts include those of former US President Barack Obama, Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates, Tesla CEO Elon Musk, Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos, Democratic US Presidential nominee Joe Biden, Mike Bloomberg and Celebrities Kim Kardashian and Kayne West.
- There has been a large public outrage, especially on social media against Google for allegedly deleting Palestine from Google Maps. However, Google claims that Palestine was never labeled by it in the first place.
- The Bihar government has imposed a complete lockdown in the state starting from July 16 till July 31, 2020 to contain the spread of COVID-19. The decision was taken due to an alarming spike in the number of COVID-19 cases in the state during the last three weeks.
- India and Bhutan opened up a new trade route on July 15, 2020, between Pasakha in Bhutan and Jaigaon in West Bengal.
- Election Commissioner Ashok Lavasa on July 15 has been named as the new Vice President of the Philippines based Asian Development bank.
- In the latest development, Iran has denied claims of dropping India from the Chahbahar-Zahedan Railway Project. One of the deputies to Iran’s Ports and Maritime Organization, Farhad Montaser stated that the story was false because Iran has not signed any deal with India regarding the Chahbahar-Zahedan Railway Project.
Get Free Whatsapp Alerts
Save Below Mobile Phone Number 90 3666 1666
Send your District name from Whatsapp to receive Govt job notifications.
ದೈನಂದಿನ ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ ಉದ್ಯೋಗ ನವೀಕರಣಗಳಿಗಾಗಿ ಟೆಲಿಗ್ರಾಮ್ ಗುಂಪಿನಲ್ಲಿ ಸೇರಿJoin Telegram Group