- Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) signed a contract with Indian Navy worth Rs 1,188 crore for the supply of Heavyweight Torpedoes – Varunastra. The contract was signed by NP Diwakar, Director (Technical), BDL and Nidhi Chhibber, Joint Secretary & Acquisition Manager (Maritime & Systems), Ministry of Defence, Govt of India in New Delhi. The contract will be executed over the next 42 months. Varunastra, a ship- electrically propelled underwater weapon, will be manufactured at BDL Visakhapatnam Unit under collaboration with the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
- On June 14, 2019, Sahitya Akademi, which is announced annually, has selected the list of 22 writers for the Sahitya Akademi Bal Sahitya Puraskar 2019 and 23 writers for Yuva Puraskar 2019. The approval for the selection of awardees was given by the Executive Board of the Akademi under the Chairmanship of its President, Dr.Chandrashekhar Kambar in Agartala, Tripura. The Award in the form of a casket will contain an engraved copper-plaque and a cheque of Rs.50,000. History book by Devika Cariapa (English) and 1 Play by R K Sanahanbi Chanu (Manipuri) won the Sahitya Akademi Bal Sahitya Puraskar 2019 award.
- On June 11, 2019, Social activist Makarand Tilloo was conferred with ‘Save Water Hero Award’. He received this award for his efforts to raise awareness about water conservation in the city. The award ceremony was held in Pune, Maharashtra. Makarand Tilloo, a Laughter Yoga trainer and motivational speaker by profession, started a campaign to save water by replacing leaking taps with new ones. He was honored by the HridayMitra Foundation in the presence of writer and philanthropist Ramchandra Dekhane, Kothrud Member of the Legislative Assembly (MLA) Medha Kulkarni and foundation president Shrikant Mundada.
- Nia Tony, an eight-year-old Indian girl was honored during the 22nd edition of the Emirates Recycling Awards in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE) for her role in keeping the environment clean by collecting paper wastes. The campaign was organized by the Emirates Environmental Group (EEG), a non-governmental professional working group based in UAE. The eco-warrior, Tony was honored with Eco Champions of Recycling award for her role in saving the environment.
- On June 14, 2019, National Geographic Society scientists and researchers announced that they installed the world’s highest operating automated weather stations on Mount Everest, including five other automated stations on other parts of the mountain. The other five weather stations that are located in the Mount Everest are in Balcony area (8,430 m), South Col (7,945m) Phortse (3,810 m), Everest Base Camp (5,315 m) and Camp II (6,464 m). The weather station provides the real-time information about mountain conditions such as data on temperature, relative humidity, barometric pressure, wind speed, and wind direction for the benefit of researchers, climbers, and the public.
- On June 14, 2019, Chinese President Xi Jinping was conferred with Kyrgyzstan’s Highest National Award, “Manas Order of the First Degree” in Kyrgyzstan. The award was presented by President of Kyrgyzstan, Sooronbay Jeenbekov. Xi Jinping, who is on a state visit to Kyrgyzstan and to take part in two-day 19th SCO summit.
- On June 13, 2019, The Chairman of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) K Sivan announced that India will have its own Space station by 2030. This will help ISRO to send more astronauts to space. A space station is like a habitable artificial satellite that is designed to remain in space and is capable of being inhabited by crew members for an extended period of time. The Project is an extension of Gaganyaan mission. The proposal to set up the space station will be sent to the central government for approval after India’s first Gaganyaan mission by 2022. The project will be executed in 5-7 years and the proposed cost of the project is not disclosed.
- The South American Football Federation, CONMEBOL has invited Australia and Qatar to take part in 2020 COPA America. The 2020 Copa America will be held jointly by Colombia and Argentina. The announcement came the day before the 2019 competition kicks off in Sao Paulo in Brazil which facing Bolivia. Qatar and Australia will join 10 South American nations in the 2020 tournament. Qatar and Japan are the guest teams at Copa 2019 scheduled to be held in Brazil. The 2022 FIFA World Cup and 2019 AFC Asian Cup champions host Qatar is making its Copa America debut 2019 tournament.
- As per the latest list released by FIFA (Federation Internationale de Football Association) World Rankings, Indian football team remains at 101st.
- Belgium continued to top in the list. The top countries in the list are Belgium (1), France (2), Brazil (3), England (4) Portugal (5) Croatia (6) Spain (7) Uruguay (8), Switzerland (9) and Denmark (10). ii. Asian countries rank: Indian is at 18th position among Asian countries, followed by Iran (20th), Japan (28), Korea (37), Australia (43) and Qatar (55).
16th June 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here
16th June 2019 Current Affairs PDF: Download
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|