- Lieutenant commander Akshay Kumar of Anti-Submarine Warfare School of Southern Naval Command (SNC) at Kochi was awarded the coveted Vice Admiral GM Hiranandani Memorial Rolling trophy for the year 2020.
- Geneva-based World Trade Organisation (WTO) said its chief Roberto Azevedo will step down on August 31, a year before his term ends, on personal grounds. India is one of the founder members of this multi-lateral body, which frames rules for global exports and imports.
- Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan inaugurated the first automated COVID-19 testing machine ‘COBAS 6800’, procured by the government at the NCDC. Amid the spiking of cases of COVID-19 and the need for large-scale testing ‘COBAS 6800’ is an automated testing machine which has the capacity to test over 1200 samples in just 24 hours.
- The Genoa-based Italian Institute of Technology (IIT) has come up with iFeel-You, an intelligent bracelet which will help users respect social distancing rules.
- The World Bank approved USD 1 billion ‘Accelerating India’s COVID-19 Social Protection Response Program‘to support the country’s efforts for providing social assistance to the poor and vulnerable households, severely impacted by the pandemic.
- PM CARES (Prime Minister’s Citizen Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situations) Fund Trust decided to allocate Rs. 3100 Crore for fight against COVID-19.
- The Reserve Bank said a scheme providing interest subsidy for post and pre-shipment export credit has been extended by a year till March 31, 2021, a move which would provide relief to exporters.
- The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has committed $3.6 million to assist Indian government’s fight against COVID-19.The fund is to support prevention, preparedness and response activities in India.
- Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan participated in the 32nd Commonwealth Health Ministers’ Meeting through Video conference in New Delhi.
- Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani announced AatmaNirbhar Gujarat Sahay Yojana. The scheme is for small shop keepers and self-employed hit by the lockdown.
- The West Bengal government launched a scheme to utilise 50,000 acres of barren land in six districts for income-generating activities like horticulture and pisciculture. The state government had been working on the ‘Matir Smristi’ scheme, which will benefit around 2.5 lakh people in rural Bengal.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced a Rs 70,000-crore boost to housing sector by extending the subsidy scheme for affordable housing for the middle income group. The credit-linked subsidy scheme for the middle income group with an annual income of Rs 6 lakh to Rs 18 lakh was operationalised from May 2017 and extended up to March 2020.
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|