- The Industrial Development Bank of India (IDBI Bank) and Life Insurance Corporation of India Credit Cards Services (LIC CSL), a wholly-owned subsidiary of LIC, will launch a co-branded credit card. It will be marketed to customers, agents, and employees of the corporation and its subsidiaries. At present, IDBI Bank offers 5 credit card variants as LIC has ties up with Axis Bank and Corporation Bank for issuance of credit cards under co-branded/white label agreements
- On September 2, 2019, Audrey Azoulay, the Director-General (DG) of United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) announced the winners of UNESCO International Literacy Prizes 2019. ‘Textile Fibres and Development Company’ (SODEFITEX) in Senegal was awarded UNESCO King Sejong Literacy Prize for its ‘Functional literacy and follow-up vocational training for farmers in southern Senegal in national languages’ programme. SODEFITEX started providing literacy courses in 1982 to farmers with limited or non-schooling in Southern Senegal as part of their work. The company aims at creating a literate environment by guiding the farmers benefiting from the programme, aged 20 to 45.
|UNESCO King Sejong Literacy Prize|
|National Office of Literacy and Education for Adults (ONAEA), Algeria||National Strategy for Multilingual Literacy|
|Textile Fibres and Development Company (SODEFITEX), Senegal||Functional literacy and follow-up vocational training for farmers in southern Senegal in national languages|
- ‘Camacol Antioquia’ in Colombia was awarded UNESCO Confucius Prize for Literacy for its ‘Obras Escuala’ programme. The programme ‘Obras Escuela’ was launched in 2007, with the aim to promote literacy for workers in this sector. The Director of corporate social responsibility at Camacol Antioquia is María Lucía Vélez.
|UNESCO Confucius Prize for Literacy|
|Camacol Antioquia, Colombia||Obras Escuala|
|BASAbali, Indonesia||BASAbali Wiki|
|Nuovo Comitato il Nobel per I Disabili, Italy||TELL ME – Theatre for Education and Literacy Learning of Migrants in Europe|
- On September 8, 2019 former Tamil Nadu Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) chief Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan who was sworn in as the first woman governor of Telangana, became the youngest state governor at the age of 58 among all the current governors. Andhra Pradesh governor Biswa Bhusan Harichandan is the oldest at the age of 85 among the current governors.
- On September 7, 2019 on the occasion of concrete day celebrations, Construction company Megha Engineering and Infrastructures Limited (MEIL) was recognised with Indian Concrete Institute award 2019 (ICI award)for the outstanding concrete structure of the Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Project (KLIP) in Telangana. The award was received by N Venkateshwarlu, chief engineer of the project and B. Srinivas Reddy, MEIL director from ICI president Vinay Gupta in Hyderabad, Telangana.
- On September 10, 2019 “Srivilliputtur Palkova” in Virudhunagar district of Tamil Nadu has get Geographical Indication (GI) tag in Chennai. The sweet is prepared from high quality flavour of milk with sugar. The milk is fetched only from in and around reared cows of Srivilliputtur. In 2014, the petition was filed by Srivilliputtur Milk Producers’ Co-operative Society for Geographical Indication (GI) tag. It was approved by Geographical Indication (GI) registry of Chennai.
- Pramod Kumar Mishra, aged 71, was appointed as the new principal secretary to Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi succeeding Nripendra Misra with effect from September 11, 2019. He was the additional principal secretary to the PM (2014-19) and was holding the rank of a Cabinet minister. He is the recipient of United Nations Sasakawa Award 2019, the most prestigious international award in disaster management. Former cabinet secretary P K Sinha, aged 64, was appointed as the principal advisor to the PM. He currently serves as Officer on Special Duty (OSD) in the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO).
- On September 10, 2019, Bollywood Actor Ranveer Singh is the new global brand ambassador of Audio equipment Maker JBL owned by Harman International Industries. To strengthen JBL’s dominance in the country, He will engage in all sequence of marketing initiatives and also endorse a range of new JBL’s consumer audio product.
- On September 10, 2019, Indian Air Force (IAF) chief Air Chief Marshal Birender Singh Dhanoa restored Air Force Station (AFS) Ambala-based 17th Squadron ‘Golden Arrows’ which will be committed to operate India-Pakistan frontier. It will be the first unit to operate the newly-acquired Rafale aircraft. He also presented a memento to Station Commander Group Captain Harkirat Singh to commemorate the occasion.
- On September 9, 2019 South Korean tech giant Samsung, has unveiled app named “Good Vibes” a communication tool for deaf and blind people Good Vibes: It was developed in partnership with the Non-Profit Organisation (NPO) Sense India, and uses Morse code that converts vibrations into text and vice versa, where a deaf-blind person can communicate with the help of dots and dash combinations to send messages. Version: The first version of the Good Vibes app allowed communication between two deaf-blind people but the current version (2nd) allows communication with caregivers as well. App availability: The app is currently available in Samsung Galaxy store and would soon be available in Google Play store.
- On September 9, 2019 South Korean tech giant Samsung has unveiled app named “Relumino” that helps the visually impaired people to see the images clearer. Relumino app: It was developed by the Samsung employees in the global C-Lab programme in partnership with the National Association for the Blind (NAB), Delhi. The NAB will make use of this relumino in classrooms for students with low vision. This is expected to be a revolutionary move in communication to help the 253 million visually impaired people, 217 low vision people and 14million blind people as per 2017 data released by the World Health Organisation(WHO) of which there are about 5,00,000 deaf blind people in India.
- The University of Southern California (USC) scientists and colleagues have discovered new reptile species Cryodrakon boreas from the Azhdarchid group of pterosaurs, which is also called as “frozen dragon of the north”. These species with a wingspan of up to 10mts and weight of about 250kg were once, one among the largest flying animals that lived 77 million years ago during the Cretaceous period. The remains of the species was first discovered in Alberta, Canada, 30 years ago. Its study is published in the journal of “Vertebrate Paleontology” led by author David Hone from Queen Mary University of London in the United Kingdom (UK).
- On September 10 2019, Pawan Munjal, the Chairman, Managing Director(MD) and Chief Executive Officer(CEO) of Hero MotoCorp was selected to be inducted in the 2019 Asia Pacific Golf Hall of Fame for his support in sports in India as well as globally. The award ceremony will be held on November 6, 2019 at DLF (Delhi Land & Finance) Golf & Country Club in Gurugram, Haryana with his induction permanently installed at Dr David Chu Golf Museum at Shenzhen in China. This museum will be the new home of hall of fame.
- On September 10, 2019, The Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports (MYAS) derecognised the Paralympic Committee of India (PCI) for violating the National Sports Development Code of India (NSDCI), 2011 in accordance with provisions under clause I (ix) and (x) of Annexure-III of NSDCI, 2011.It has been penalised for misgovernance. Earlier, it was also suspended in 2015 on governance issues and re-recognised in 2016.
- On September 10, 2019 Switzerland born famous documentary Photographer Robert Frank passed away at the age of 94 in Nova Scotia, Canada. He rose to fame by his landmark book “The Americans” and for his 20th century photographs. He worked as a photo assistant and later moved to the United States (US) after the Second World War. He produced 28,000 images compressed down to 83 for “the Americans” which rewrote photography rules.
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|