- The Reserve Bank of India has reduced the fixed Reverse Repo Rate by 25 basis points from 4 percent to 3.75 percent with immediate effect, Policy Repo rate is however unchanged.
- The Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar launched Kisan Rath Mobile App to facilitate transportation of food grains and perishables during lockdown. This mobile application is developed by the National Informatics Centre to facilitate farmers and traders in searching transport vehicles for movement of Agriculture and Horticulture produce.
- World Hemophilia Day is celebrated every year on April 17, 2020. The day’s theme this year is “Get + involved virtually and stay safe”.
- The Delhi Government launched “Assess Koro Na” application on April 17, 2020 to conduct door to door survey. The application has been launched in all COVID-19 containment zones in the national capital.
- Chess Legend and five-time World champion, Viswanathan Anand has been appointed as the new Ambassador for World Wildlife Fund (WWF) India’s Environment Education programme. He will support wildlife conservation and educate children across the country on issues related to the environment.
- Africa could see 300,000 deaths from the COVID-19 virus this year even in the best-case scenario, according to a new UN report that was released on April 17, 2020. The report states that in the worst-case scenario with no interventions, Africa could see 3.3 million deaths and 1.2 billion infections and in the best-case scenario, the continent will see more than 122 million infections.
- The Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala has developed a low-cost diagnostic test kit to detect COVID-19 virus called ‘Chitra Gene LAMP-N’. The innovative test kit is cheaper and faster and could be a major breakthrough.
- India on April 17, 2020 lifted the restriction imposed on the export of formulations made from Paracetamol. The government had imposed a ban on March 3rd. The export of 26 Pharma ingredients and medicines were restricted then.
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|