1. Former Indian skipper MS Dhoni has been dropped from BCCI’s annual player contracts for 2020. Dinesh Karthik has also been left out. On the other hand, Washinton Sundar and Mayank Agarwal have been included in the central contract list for the period between October 2019-September 2020.
2. The Yashaswini Scheme for Women entrepreneurship was launched in Goa by Union WCD Minister Smriti Irani on January 11, 2020. The scheme aims to support women SHGs with interest-free loans up to Rs 5 lakh.
3. Union WCD Minister Smriti Irani launched Swasthya Sakhi Project in Goa on January 11, 2020 to ensure the wellness & welfare of women, especially during pregnancy. Under the project, the state government will provide doorstep diagnostic services.
4. Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev resigned from his post on January 15, 2020 along with his cabinet. The Russian Prime Minister resigned soon after President Vladimir Putin announced some constitutional reforms.
5. The Petroleum Conservation Research Association (PCRA) has launched a campaign called ‘Saksham’ to create awareness about fuel conservation in India. The objective of this campaign is to make people aware about the appropriate use of oil and gas.
6. Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon, has recently announced during his India visit that Amazon will invest USD 1 billion to digitalize small and medium enterprises in India. Jeff Bezos established this company on July 5, 1994.
7. Captain Tanya Shergill led the all-men contingent during the Army Day parade held on the occasion of 72nd Indian Army Day in Delhi. Captain Shergill is electronics and communications graduate.
8. The United States has finally signed the first phase of a trade agreement with China. This concludes almost a year of negotiations, which were halted in between due to the suspension of talks between the two nations for a few months.