1. The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) has warned that a ‘gigantic asteroid’, bigger than London Eye, is heading towards Earth. Asteroid 2020ND will be coming close to Earth in a few days and it is expected to make its closest approach to the Earth on July 24.
2. The newly-elected members of Rajya Sabha, the upper house of the Parliament, will be administered the oath on July 22nd. The oath will be administered in the chamber of the House during inter-session for the first time.
3. The Odisha government announced on July 17, 2020 that the state will provide Rs 7500 per month to the spouse or next of kin of deceased Anganwadi worker and Rs 5000 to the kin of deceased Asha workers, who succumb to COVID-19 in line of duty under active deployment, till the date they would have attained the age of 60 years had they survived.
4. India witnessed almost 273 million people move out of multidimensional poverty between 2005-2006 and 2015-2016, as per UN report on Global Multidimensional Poverty Index (MPI). The report noted that India recorded the largest reduction in the number of people living in this category.
5. In a major breakthrough, the UK COVID-19 trials have shown that the Oxford vaccine could offer ‘double protection’ against COVID-19. The researchers at the University of Oxford in the United Kingdom discovered during human trials that their vaccine could trigger an immune response that will provide a double defence against Coronavirus.
6. The United Nations on July 16, 2020 designated Pakistan-based terror group, Tehrik-e Taliban Pakistan’s leader, Mufti Noor Wali Mehsud, as a global terrorist.
7. India and Israel signed an agreement on July 15 to expand collaboration in dealing with cyber threats. The agreement will play a significant role amid the rising digitization due to the COVID-19 pandemic which has exposed the vulnerabilities of the virtual world.
8. Nelson Mandela International Day is observed every year on July 18, 2020, on the occasion of the birth anniversary of the South African anti-apartheid revolutionary and political leader Nelson Mandela. The day is marked across the world with the aim of changing the world for the better. The day is commemorated as a day for all to take action and inspire change.
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|