- Gujarat government has announced the setting up of the world’s biggest Zinc Smelter project in Dosawada in Tapi district. The project with the investment of Rs.10 thousand crore will also have a State-of-the-art Research and Development Centre.
- The Odisha government launched the ‘Sujal-Drink from Tap Mission’ in the state’s capital, Bhubaneswar and Masani Chandi in Puri to provide quality drinking water which would be suitable for consumption from the tap. With this initiative, Odisha has become “the first state in the country to provide quality drinking water, fit for direct consumption, in urban areas.”
- The government has constituted a panel of secretaries under cabinet secretary Rajiv Gauba to streamline the spectrum allocation process and examine the possibility of drawing up an annual calendar for auction of airwaves that will give Telcos a clear road map of the quantum as well as the frequency of spectrum on offer for commercial use.
- Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal launched a new anti-pollution campaign under which people will be encouraged to switch engines of their vehicles off while waiting at traffic signals.
The ‘Red Light On, Gaadi Off’ campaign will aim to bring a behavioral change in that regard. It will help reduce air pollution.
- New Zealand has knocked off Japan for the strongest passport in the world according to the latest Global Passport Index compiled by global financial advisory firm Arton Capital. The US passport ranked 21 and India 58.
- Early Salary, India’s largest consumer lending platform, announced the launch of ‘Salary Card’ a zero-touch digital card that provides instant access for salaried professionals, enabling them to make instant purchases across thousands of merchants across India. Powered by RuPay, the Salary Card comes with a unique feature that allows consumers the flexibility of setting up a dynamic credit limit to suit that shopping, medical, travel, entertainment and other needs.
- The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) has chosen an indigenous experimental satellite developed by three students from Tamil Nadu for launch in suborbital space.
The three students are mentored and guided by Chennai-based Space Kids India. They hail from pockets in Tamil Nadu – M Adnan of Thanthonrimalai, M Kesavan of Nagampalli village near Malaikovilur and V Arun of Thennilai.
- International E-Waste Day observed every year on October 14 since 2018. The WEEE Forum members have decided to focus the celebration on International E-Waste Day 2020 on the theme of education.
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|