1. NADA – National Anti-Doping Agency banned a national javelin thrower Amit Dahiya for four years due to disciplinary issues. He was found guilty of misleading NADA officials during a dope test.
2. The Government of India and the World Bank have signed a loan agreement of USD 450m to improve groundwater level in the country. This agreement will also help to curb the declining groundwater level in India.
3. Minister of State in PMO Jitendra Singh announced that Union Territories Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh will be coved by Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) soon.
4. The fourth National Conference on Pradhan Mantri Fasal Beema Yojana was organized in Udaipur, Rajasthan. The conference was organized by the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare.
5. Moody’s lowered India’s GDP growth forecast for 2020 to 5.4% from 6.6%. Moody’s growth projections are depending on present calendar year. According to its estimates, India’s GDP growth in 2019 was 5 percent.
6. The Supreme Court-appointed advocate Sanjay Hegde and Sadhana Ramachandran as interlocutors in the Shaheen Bagh case. The apex court has informed that both interlocutors have to submit their report in a week.
7. Former Bengali actor and Trinamool Congress (TMC) MP Tapas Pal passed away on February 18, 2020, in Mumbai. He was 61. He made his debut in the Bengali movie industry with Tarun Majumdar’s film Dadar Kirti.
8. Chinese wrestlers will not participate in the Asian Wrestling Championships in Delhi as the Indian government has not issued visas to them due to the outbreak of Novel Coronavirus infection in their country.