- The Home Ministry stated that cyclone ‘Amphan’ will likely turn into a super cyclonic storm by the evening of May 18 and will hit the coasts of Odisha and West Bengal on May 20. The Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) had earlier informed that the storm has turned extremely severe over the Bay of Bengal.
- Renowned Marathi theatre personality, Ratnakar Matkari passed away in Mumbai on May 17, 2020 at the age of 81 years. He had tested positive for coronavirus four days before and was undergoing treatment. Matkari had won the National Award for Best Director for his film ‘investment’ in the Regional Category section.
- The Madhya Pradesh authorities have decided to provide video-calling facilities and TV sets to the COVID19 patients. The initiative has been first initiated in Indore. If it is successful, the facilities will be provided in the wards of corona infected patients in all major hospitals of the state. The move is to help the patients and protect them from depression and boredom.
- General Atlantic, a US investment firm, has decided to invest around Rs 6600 crore in Jio Platforms for a 1.34% stake. This is the fourth biggest investment in Reliance Jio in the past month, after Vista Equity Partners, private equity firm Silver Lake and Facebook.
- Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray took oath as a member of the Legislative Council on May 18, 2020. Along with Maharashtra CM, eight others were also sworn into the council including Council Deputy Chairperson Neelam Gorhe (Shiv Sena), four BJP candidates, two NCP candidates and one Congress Candidate.
- Coalition of 116 nations including India have provided their support to Australia’s push for an independent inquiry into the origin of the COVID-19 virus. The European Union will be putting forward the’ Resolution on COVID 19 Response’ at the World Health Assembly. The United States and China are not signatories to the resolution but they have issued no-objection in the matter.
- Germany’s Bundesliga is the world’s first major sports competition and Europe’s first major football league to resume its season post nationwide lockdown imposed to contain coronavirus pandemic. The football league kick started its remaining matches of the 2019-20 season from May 16, 2020.
- The Chhattisgarh state government will launch its Rajiv Gandhi Kisan Nyay Yojana on May 21. The day will mark the death anniversary of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi. The scheme aims at stimulating the rural economy of the state which has been affected by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|