- The Legislative Council of Jammu & Kashmir got abolished on October 18, 2019, making the way for the creation of two Union Territories – Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh. The Council was dissolved under Section 57 of the J&K Reorganisation Bill, 2019.
- CJI Ranjan Gogoi on October 18, 2019, recommended Justice Sharad Arvind Bobde for appointment as the 47th Chief Justice of India. Chief Justice Gogoi is set to retire on November 17, 2019.
- Karnataka has topped the India Innovation Index, the first-ever index launched by NITI Aayog to promote competitiveness among Indian states. Karnataka is followed by Tamil Nadu and the Maharashtra States that are ranked second and third, respectively.
- FATF decided to retain Pakistan on its ‘Grey List’ till February 2020. The Financial Action Task Force (FATF) has directed Pakistan to take extra measures in combating money laundering and funding of terrorists.
- Delhi has got the first place in the list of Union Territories and small states in the India Innovation Index 2019. Delhi is at the first place with 42.98 points while Chandigarh is in second place with 27.97 points.
- According to UNICEF’s The State of the World’s Children 35% of children in India are suffering from stunting, 2% of children are overweight while 33% of children are underweight.
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) has recently released its report – World Economic Outlook Report. According to this report, India’s economic growth rate will be 6.1% in 2019 and 7 in 2020. Earlier, the IMF estimated that India’s economic growth rate will be 7.3% in 2020.
- The president of China Xi Jinping recently visited Nepal and signed 20 agreements for the development for the country. Nepal and China agreed to build a network worth Rs. 2.75 crore to connect Nepal with China’s Belt and Road Initiative (BRI).
- The annual Shirui Lily Festival 2019 is being organized at Ukhrul in Manipur. This four-day state festival was inaugurated by Union Tourism Minister Prahlad Singh Patel. Folk songs and folk dances are performed by different communities in the festival.
- Nitin Gadkari, Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways, announced the construction of new National Highway NH- 703AA starting from Kapurthala and ending at Taran Tarana in Punjab. The highway is named as ‘Shri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Marg’ to mark 550th Birth Anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev.
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|