1. A day after wrestler Bajrang Punia’s name was recommended for the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, the 12-member selection committee added 2016 Rio Paralympics silver medallist Deepa Malik to this prestigious list. Malik is the second Indian Paralympian after Devendra Jhajharia (2017), and the first woman in the category, to be nominated for this coveted award.
2. Mangdechhu hydroelectric power plant in Bhutan was recently inaugurated by Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi. It is a one of the major projects under Bhutan’s initiative to generate 10,000 MW hydropower by 2020.
3. Former Bihar Chief Minister Jagannath Mishra passed away at a hospital in New Delhi on August 19, 2019. He was 82 and suffering from some health issues for several months. He was three-times Chief Minister of the state.
4. A Punjab and Haryana High Court started first virtual court in Faridabad. It would deal with traffic challan cases from across the State. The project will be launched under the guidance of e-Committee of the Supreme Court of India.
5. BASIC countries (Brazil, South Africa, India and China) held their 28th Ministerial meeting on Climate Change recently in Sao Paulo, Brazil. These four countries collectively account for one-third of world’s geographical area and nearly 40% of world’s population.
6. India is the largest emitter of anthropogenic sulphur dioxide in the world, as per the data released by environmental NGO Greenpeace on August 19, 2019. Anthropogenic sulphur dioxide is produced from burning of coal and it is known to largely contribute to air pollution.
7. The NASA data revealed that Norilsk smelter complex in Russia is the largest SO2 emission hotspot in the world, followed by Kriel in Mpumalanga province in South Africa and Zagroz in Iran. However, in the country-wise ranking, India tops the list in emitting SO2 as it has the maximum number of hotspots.
8. Five new species of fish have been discovered from different districts of Arunachal Pradesh. The discovery was made by a fisheries and aquatic ecology research team from the zoology department of Rajiv Gandhi University (RGU). The research team was headed by Professor DN Das.
9. The national green tribunal has formed a committee to examine the allegations of illegal sand mining in Yamuna River. The NGT formed the committee to examine the issue after Delhi Jal Board CEO Anil Kumar Singh moved the green panel alleging illegal sand mining in the Yamuna.
10. The world humanitarian day 2019 was observed on August 19, 2019. The day is observed annually to pay tribute to the humanitarian aid workers who endanger their lives for humanitarian service as well as to rally support for the people affected by the crisis.
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|