- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has said that the Partial Credit Guarantee Scheme, PCGS was revamped under the AatmaNirbhar Bharat Package to support the liability side of Non Banking Financial Companies, NBFCs. Under the extended PCGS, Public Sector Banks have approved the purchase Bonds or Commercial Papers issued by 67 NBFCs amounting to 14 thousand 6 hundred 67 crore rupees.
- This integration will enable the Bank to simplify the process of customer on-boarding, introduce new products, and meet customer demands by automating and customizing processes to fit the modern-day financial requirements.
- FIFA announced the match schedule for World Cup 2022, to be held from November 21 to December 18 in Qatar.
- The 2022 Youth Olympic Games in Dakar will now take place instead in 2026, the IOC and hosts Senegal announced recently.
- The Andhra Pradesh cabinet decided to reorganise its 13 districts into 25 districts by March 31 in such a way that each of the 25 parliamentary constituencies will represent a new district.
- Domestic rating agency ICRA has revised its forecast for contraction in the country’s GDP in the current fiscal to 9.5 per cent from 5 per cent earlier, as continued lockdowns in some states have affected the recovery seen in May and June.
- Human Resources and Development Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank launched the first on-line NISHTHA programme for one thousand 200 Key Resources Persons of Andhra Pradesh.
NISHTHA in face-to-face mode was launched on 21st August last year. NISHTHA is a national initiative for School Heads and Teachers Holistic Advancement at the elementary stage under Samagra Shiksha -a flagship programme of the Ministry to improve learning outcomes.
- The center has been established with the technical knowhow of Central Footwear Training Institute (CFTI), Agra which is a unit of the Ministry of MSME.
- In Maharashtra, cases of Covid-19 are raging in Nashik district as well. However, to curb the further spread of the disease, the government has initiated a measure “HEALTHCARE SERVICE AT YOUR DOORSTEP”.