1. Japan issued a tsunami advisory after a strong 6.8-magnitude earthquake hit the northwest of the country. As per Japan’s meteorological agency, a wave of one meter is expected to hit the coast of the Sea of Japan, north of Tokyo.
2. India will overtake China as the most populous country by 2027 as per the United Nations report. India will have almost 1.64 billion inhabitants by 2050.
3. World Refugee Day is observed every year on 20 June to commemorate the strength, courage, and perseverance of millions of refugees. The 2018 theme is #StepWithRefugees — Take A Step on World Refugee Day”.
4. Maharashtra topped the 2nd edition of the US Green Building Council’s (USGBC) list. Karnataka and Tamil Nadu bagged No 2 & 3 spots respectively. The list consists of India’s top 10 states that have a maximum number of LEED-certified green buildings. LEED stands for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design.
5. India will be hosting the 14th session of the Conference of Parties of the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) in September 2019. The event will see the presence of over 5000 delegates from 197 countries in Delhi.
6. One of the first applications built on top of the Libra blockchain will be Calibra, a cryptocurrency wallet that will allow users to receive and send Libra. In contrast to Libra, the stable coin, and Libra, the blockchain, Calibra (the company) is a subsidiary of Facebook, and the development of Calibra (the wallet) will be under Facebook’s control.
7. Ushoshi Sengupta, Former Miss India Universe, met with an unfortunate ordeal in Kolkata that she narrated in her Facebook post. She took to Facebook to share her horrifying late-night trial in Kolkata. Ushoshi Sengupta was Miss India Universe in 2010.
8. PM Narendra Modi will join the program at Ranchi on June 21 on the occasion of International Yoga Day 2019. The program will be organized at Prabhat Tara ground. Modi will join the yoga session along with 18,000 people.
9. Andaman and Nicobar Command (ANC) will be joining hands with Sadhguru, Founder, Isha Foundation to celebrate the International Day of Yoga. As part of celebrations, Yoga sessions will be conducted in various clusters on 20th and 21st June 2019 at Birchgunj, Minnie Bay and INS Utkrosh. For the final day on 21st June 19, Sadhguru will lead the yoga session on board Floating Dock of Indian Navy (FDN-2).
10. Revolt Intellicorp has finally unveiled India’s first fully electric motorcycle, the RV 400. The company has announced that the bike will be launched next month and that deliveries will commence soon after. The company added that the top speed has been capped at 85kmph.
19th June 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here
19th June 2019 Current Affairs PDF: Download