1. The Defence Acquisition Council has approved the proposal to procure 83 indigenously-made Tejas fighter aircraft for the Indian Air Force. The move is expected to give a huge boost to India’s ‘Make in India’ campaign.
2. According to the Union Transport Minister, Nitin Gadkari, there has been a 10 percent reduction in accidental deaths since the implementation of the new Motor Vehicles act, 2019.
3. The NCC cadet with ‘A’ certificate will get 2 percent of maximum marks as bonus marks in the direct recruitment examinations of the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs).
4. Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has recently started the ‘Chief Minister Advocate Welfare Scheme’ for lawyers. The state will initiate the online registration for the scheme from March 21. The budget for the plan has been fixed at about 50 crores.
5. A bench of the National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT) has been set up in Chennai. This bench will look into the cases of southern states.
6. The Andhra Pradesh government has appointed Ashwani Lohani, the former chairman and managing director (CMD) of Air India as chairman of the state’s Tourism Development Corporation.
7. The Uttarakhand government has removed reservation in promotions for SC/ST employees in state government jobs. Apart from this, the state government has also removed the ban on promotions.
8. German Chancellor Angela Merkel has called Coronavirus the nation’s biggest since the Second World War.
9. The Indian Navy has set up it quarantine facility in Vishakhapatnam for the Indian nationals being evacuated from coronavirus-affected nations.
10. China reported no new domestic case of COVID-19 virus on March 19, 2020. This is the first time since the virus broke out in Wuhan, China in December 2019.