1. New Zealand has tightened its foreign investment rules in case of strategic assets. The foreign investors looking to buy strategic assets will now have to convince the government that it is in the national interest.
2. Haryana has setup a new department of Foreign Cooperation. The department will mainly work to formulate country-wise strategies to promote investment and employment in Haryana.
3. David Attenborough has been conferred with the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development 2019 for his lifetime worth of work to awaken the mankind to the need to preserve and protect the planet’s biodiversity and stop being a “plague on earth”.
4. ISRO is going to launch Cartosat-3 along with 13 commercial Nano satellites aboard , PSLV-C47 into Sun Synchronous orbit on November 25, 2019. Cartosat-3 satellite is a third-generation agile advanced satellite having high-resolution imaging capability.
5. The World Toilet Day is celebrated globally on 19th November every year with an aim to draw attention towards the people deprived of sanitation. The Theme of World Toilet Day 2019 was “Leaving No One Behind”.
6. The government recently declared the Paradise Beach of Puducherry as a ‘no plastic’ zone to restrict the use and sale of plastic items.
7. The Indian Railway Catering & Tourism Corporation Limited (IRCTC) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Karnataka State Tourism Development Corporation to operate the Golden Chariot Train.
8. The International Men’s Day is observed every year on November 19. This day is mainly dedicated to protect men from discrimination, exploitation, oppression, violence and inequality and to give them their rights.
9. Pakistan has recently test-fired surface-to-surface Shaheen-1 missile. This missile is capable of hitting all types of weapons on the target. It can hit a target upto 650 kilometers. Its purpose is to check the availability of missiles for military use.
10. The first National Agricultural Chemistry Conference was organized in New Delhi from November 13-16, 2019. This was the first National Agrochemicals Conference, now it will be held every three years.