- On August 30, 2019, The Department of Revenue notified that 2% tax deduction at source (TDS) on cash withdrawals of over Rs 1 crore will come into effect from September 1, 2019. The government had made this provision in the Union Budget 2019-20 with an aim to discourage cash transactions and move towards less cash economy.
- On August 30, 2019, In a bid to redress the grievances of start-ups and reduce their tax-related issues, The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has constituted a 5-member special cell, ‘Startup Cell’ led by the member (Income Tax and Computerisation) of CBDT, which will towards the issues with relation to angel tax and others in case of Start-up entities with respect to administration of the Income-tax Act, 1961.
- On August 30, 2019, In a bid to redress the grievances of start-ups and reduce their tax-related issues, The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has constituted a 5-member special cell led by the member (Income Tax and Computerisation) of CBDT, which will towards the issues with relation to angel tax and others in case of Start-up entities with respect to administration of the Income-tax Act, 1961. Member (Income Tax and Computerisation-IT &C)- Shri P.K. Dash (Addl. Charge) is the Chairman of the special cell, ‘Startup Cell’ .
- On August 22, 2019, The Indian oil and natural gas company, Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) has won the award for the ‘Best Navratna‘ in the ‘ manufacturing Sector ‘ for the 2nd time at the 6th edition of Dun & Bradstreet PSU Awards 2019 ceremony held in New Delhi.
- Swami Rajarshi Muni of Life Mission, Gujarat won the National Yoga awards for the year 2019 in Individual category.
|Individual-National category||Swami Rajarshi Muni of Life Mission, Gujarat|
|Individual-International category||Ms. Antoinette Rozzi, Italy|
|Organisation-National category||Bihar School of Yoga, Munger, Bihar|
|Organisation-International Organisation category||Japan Yoga Niketan, Japan|
Winners of 2018 Yoga Awards are as follows:
|Individual- National category||Shri Vishwas Mandalik, Nasik|
|Organisation – National category||Yoga Institute, Mumbai|
- On August 30, 2019, Former Cabinet Secretary Pradeep Kumar (PK) Sinha ,a 1977 batch IAS officer of Uttar Pradesh Cadre has been appointed as Officer on Special Duty (OSD) in Prime Minister’s Office(PMO) after Nripendra Misra’s request to be relieved as Principal Secretary was accepted by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Scientists at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) have developed the biggest-ever computer chip using carbon nanotubes (CNT)- RV16XNano. This was published in the journal Nature.RV16XNano is a 16-bit processor that contains 14,000 transistors — electronic switches. These switches are made up of CNT — tiny cylinders made of rolled-up, atom-thick sheets of graphene
- On August 30, 2019, Veteran comedian and four-time Emmy winner Valerie Harper, aged 80, passed away in Los Angeles, United States. She was suffering from different health issues over the years. She was born on August 22, 1939 in Suffern, New York.
- On August 30, 2019, Chief Minister of Haryana, Manohar Lal Khattar released a book titled ‘Jin Dhoondha Tin Paaiyan’ in Hindi at Chandigarh, written by senior IPS (Indian Police Service) officer O P Singh, an ADGP (Additional Director General of Police) rank officer in Haryana police, who is currently Special Officer to the Haryana chief minister. It is the third book of the officer which covers a wide range of issues including crime, violence, police, sports and social media.
- A new book called “A Short History of Indian Railways”, written by veteran journalist and author Rajendra B Aklekar on the history of Indian Railways details the journey of the national transporter starting from the 1830s (almost 15 years before the official train run of 1853) to the new high-speed Train 18 and Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi’s ambitious bullet train project has been introduced in Mumbai, Maharashtra.