1. The Lok Sabha Elections 2019 concluded on May 19, 2019, with the seventh and final phase of polling in 59 constituencies across 7 States and a Union Territory.
2. Vinay Kumar, Indian Ambassador to Afghanistan, handed over Mi-24 attack helicopters to Acting Defence Minister Asadullah Khalid at the Kabul Air Force Base, Afghanistan.
3. Nandan Nilekani-headed panel on Digital Payments submitted its report to the Reserve Bank of India. The Reserve Bank will now examine the recommendations of the Committee.
4. UPI payments app BharatPe appointed Bollywood actor Salman Khan as its brand ambassador. The campaign will be focused on educating merchants and users about UPI payments.
5. The Lok Sabha Elections 2019 were conducted in 542 parliamentary constituencies across states and union territories. The election results will be declared on May 23, 2019.
6. The statistics revealed by the Water Conservation department of Maharashtra reveals that 26 reservoirs in the state hit zero water storage level on May 18, 2019. The dams that have zero storage at the moment include Paithan, Manjara, Majalgaon, Yeldari, Siddeshwar, Lower Terna, Sina Kolegaon and Lower Doudna in Aurangabad division.
7. The World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development will be observed on May 21, 2019. The day provides an opportunity to deepen our understanding of the values of cultural diversity, as three-quarters of the world’s major conflicts have a cultural dimension.
8. The voting for the seventh and final phase of Lok Sabha Elections 2019 was held on May 19, 2019, in 59 constituencies across 7 States and a Union Territory.
9. Indian Naval ships INS Kolkata and INS Shakti would participate in annual bilateral naval exercise between India and Singapore – SIMBEX-2019. Along with INS Kolkata and INS Shakti, Indian long-range maritime patrol aircraft Poseidon-8I (P8I) will also participate in SIMBEX-19. This naval exercise is scheduled from May 16 to May 22, 2019.
10. Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) recently announced for its upcoming mission over the next 10 years. Apart from much awaited and ambitious Chadrayaan-2, some other mega missions will be conducted. Among these seven mega missions, ISRO has defined XPoSat and Aditya-L1 missions only.
20th May 2019 Current Affairs PDF: Download
20th May 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here