1. Five cabinet ministers were sworn into the Madhya Pradesh cabinet on April 21, 2020 by Governor Lalji Tandon in a simple ceremony. The five new cabinet ministers include Meena Singh, Govind Singh Rajput, Tulsi Silawat, Narottam Mishra and Kamal Patel. Madhya Pradesh CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan was working alone till now since his oath-taking ceremony on March 23.
2. New York has formed a new response team to deal with rising cases of harassment and discrimination against Asian-Americans amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
3. Kapil Dev Tripathi has been appointed as the new Secretary to President Ram Nath Kovind. The appointment was made on contract basis by the appointments committee of the cabinet, headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on April 20, 2020.
4. Pakistan has removed thousands of names from terrorist watch list. The list contained over 7600 names in 2018 and it has been reduced to 3800 in the last 18 months.
5. North Korean leader Kim Jong-un is reported to be “gravely ill” after he missed the birth anniversary celebration of his grandfather and the country’s founder, Kim II Sung. The absence of North Korean leader during major public events and celebration has mostly indicated some major development in the past.
6. The US oil price crashed below $0 mark for the first time in history on April 20, 2020. The prices of West Texas Intermediate (WTI) turned negative following mismatch in demand and supply of oil in the wake of COVID-19 pandemic.
7. US President Donald Trump has decided to temporarily suspend immigration to the United States over coronavirus concerns. Trump stated that the decision has been taken to protect the jobs of the American citizens.
8. The National Civil Services Day is observed annually on April 21, 2020. The day is observed to celebrate all civil servants who dedicate their lives for the cause of citizens.