- On July 19, 2019, after the central government dropped support, The World Bank had withdrawn $300 million of fund for Amaravati Capital City project in Andhra Pradesh, the ambitious project of former chief minister Chandrababu Naidu. Co-finance: The project was to be co-financed by another multilateral funding agency Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB), which had committed $200 million. Reason: The move was taken after the Environmental activists, farmers, and civil society organizations opposed this project for building the city on Krishna river floodplains
- Public procurement portal Government eMarketplace (GeM) inked pact with SAIL in presence of Steel secretary, Binoy Kumar. With this MoU, SAIL became the first public sector undertaking to establish Gem Organizational Transformation Team-Project Management Unit (GOTT-PMU)
- The Nepal Oil Corporation (NOC) and the Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) successfully concluded the ‘testing transfer’ of Rs 325 crore Motihari in Bihar to Amelkhgunj in Nepal pipeline project and it is set to start commercial operation from August 2019. The 69-km long petroleum pipeline was constructed by India which was first proposed in 1996.It will tackle the oil storage problem in Nepal and eliminate transportation of petroleum products through tankers. It will ensure smooth, cost effective and environmentally-friendly supply of petroleum products to Nepal.
- This is the first time that UP (Uttar Pradesh) get a woman Governor as Anandi Ben Patel since its inception in 1950. Sarojini Naidu was the first Governor in 1947 but the state was then known as the United Provinces. Sitting Rajya Sabha member Anusuiya Uikey and senior BJP leader Biswa Bushan Harichandan were appointed as governors of Chhattisgarh and Andhra Pradesh respectively earlier.
- Lal Ji Tandon was appointed as the governor of Madhya Pradesh.
- As per the order issued by Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT), Government of India, 2004 batch IFS officer(Indian Foreign Service), Vivek Kumar has been appointed as private secretary to Prime Minister Narendra Modi. He replaces Sanjeev Kumar Singla, who has been appointed India’s ambassador to Israel. The appointment will come into effect from the day of the assumption of charge& his tenure will be on the co-terminus basis or until further orders, whichever is earlier. Kumar is currently working as a Director in the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO).
- On July 19, 2019, Ministry of External Affairs appointed Shri Upender Singh Rawat as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Panama. He is a 1998 Indian Foreign Service (IFS) Officer. He succeeds Ravi Thapar.
- On July 19, 2019, Ministry of External Affairs appointed Shri Sanjeev Kumar Singla as the next Ambassador of India to the State of Israel. He is a 1997 Indian Foreign Service (IFS) Officer. He is serving as the Private Secretary (PS) to Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi since 2014. He succeeds Pavan Kapoor.
- The Indian Army successfully conducted the trials of third generation anti-tank guided missile NAG, developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), at Pokhran, Rajasthan from July 7-18, 2019. It was launched from the NAG Missile Carrier (NAMICA) and is capable of carrying up to 6 combat missiles. It will be inducted in the Indian Army. It will be engaged in highly fortified enemy tanks in all weather conditions with day and night capabilities. It has a minimum range of 500 metres and maximum range of four kilometres.6 missions were carried out under extreme temperature in Pokhran ranges as a part of the NAG summer user trials. The winter user trials were conducted in February 2019.
- Rani Banga won a gold medal in the Rope exercise and a silver medal in the clubs exercise at the annual Championship held at Holon, northern city of Israel. She also recently bagged a gold medal and a Silver Medal at the 2019 Pirueta cup in Croatia.
- On July 17, 2019, The Cricket Association of Puducherry (CAP) became the newest associate member of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) after the Committee of Administrators (CoA) accepted their proposal. The final decision in favour of the CAP was taken by the Supreme Court appointed CoA.
- On July 18, 2019, Nigerian footballer John Obi Mikel, aged 32, announced retirement from international football after the end of Nigeria’s campaign in the Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON). He made his debut in 2003 in under 17 World Cup. He was the former captain of the Nigeria National Team and played for Trabzonspor as a defensive midfielder. He won 89 caps and scored six goals between 2005 and 2019 for the Super Eagles. He won a winners’ medal at the 2013 Africa Cup in South Africa.
- Argentine architect Cesar Pelli, who designed New York’s World Financial Center and Kuala Lumpur’s (Malaysia) Petronas Twin Towers ( a 452m high structure that was the world’s tallest building when it was completed in 1998) has passed away at the age of 92. He was born on 12 October 1926 in the city of San Miguel de Tucumán, Argentina. He studied architecture at the University of Tucuman and in 1977, he became dean of Yale University’s School of Architecture.
- On July 20, 2019, Former 3 time chief minister of Delhi from Congress Sheila Dikshit passed away at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, Okhla in New Delhi due to cardiac arrest. She was 81 years old. Born on March 31, 1938 in Kapurthala, Punjab, she had served as the president of Delhi Congress, chief minister of Delhi for 15 years from 1998-2013 and the governor of Kerala. She became a Member of Parliament (MP) for the first time from Kannauj Lok Sabha seat in Uttar Pradesh in 1984.
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|