1. Madhya Pradesh Governor Lalji Tandon has passed away on 21st July 2020 at the age of 85. He was undergoing treatment at a private hospital in Lucknow since June, but his condition turn critical on July 18, 2020 and he was put on ventilator support. His condition had continued to deteriorate as lungs, kidney and liver were not functioning properly.
2. The Union HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank launched MANODARPAN initiative to provide psychosocial support to students for their mental health and well-being on July 21, 2020 in New Delhi.
3. The Union Food Processing Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal inaugurated Zoram mega food park in Mizoram on July 21, 2020 that will benefit around 25,000 farmers and generate around 5,000 job opportunities.
4. Oxford Vaccine Partner, Serum institute plans to begin clinical trials of Oxford COVID Vaccine in India. The Oxford COVID vaccine trials have shown the most promising results are much ahead of other clinical trials happening around the world. The Oxford vaccine trials will begin in India as soon as the required licence is procured.
5. The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has provided its indigenously-developed drone named Bharat to the Indian Army. The drones will help the army carry out accurate surveillance in high altitude areas and mountainous terrain, especially along the Line of Actual Control in Eastern Ladakh.
6. The United States has listed Reliance Jio among the companies that are becoming “Clean Telcos”, saying they are rejecting doing business with companies like Huawei that are tools of the Chinese Communist Party’s surveillance state.
7. The Indian Naval Ships conducted a passage exercise (PASSEX) with the United States Navy’s USS Nimitz carrier strike group on July 20, 2020 near the Andaman and Nicobar islands as it is transiting the Indian Ocean.
8. The International Cricket Council confirmed on July 20, 2020 that the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup to be held Australia 2020 has been postponed to October-November 2021 due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.