1. The 28th death anniversary of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi was observed across the nation on May 21, 2019. Rajiv Gandhi was assassinated in a suicide bombing at Sriperumbudur of Tamil Nadu on this day in 1991.
2. Google has suspended all business with Huawei that requires the transfer of hardware, software and technical services and canceled its Android license.
3. The UK government has scrapped the requirement of filling out landing cards by international travelers coming to the UK from countries like India, as part of a series of measures aimed at a smoother entry into Britain.
4. Vice President of India, M. Venkaiah Naidu has called for protecting Ongole cattle breed on May 20, 2019. Vice President Venkaiah Naidu released a compendium on Ongole breed of cattle at Vijayawada recently.
5. NASA has recently discovered evidence of water, ice and organic molecules on Ultima Thule’s surface, farthest place in the universe. NASA has published the first profile of Ultima Thule revealing details about the complex space object.
6. India spinner Yuzvendra Chahal in association with High Times Solutions (HTS) has started a lifestyle brand “checkmate”.
7. World Metrology Day is observed every year on 20 May to commemorate the signing of the Metre Convention in 1875. The theme of the 2019 World Metrology Day was ‘The International System of Units – Fundamentally better’.
8. American coffee company Starbucks recently opened a ‘silent cafe’ in Guangzhou, China. Half of the staff at this café is hearing impaired. People can place orders without saying a word.
9. Joko Widodo was re-elected as President of Indonesia for the second term, defeating rival Prabowo Subianto. Widodo and his Vice-Presidential running mate Ma’ruf Amin won the election by a 55.5 percent to 44.5 percent margin over Prabowo Subianto and Sandiaga Uno.
10. The Indo-Myanmar coordinated patrol (IMCOR) began on May 20, 2019, at Andaman and Nicobar Command. For this purpose, Myanmar Navy Ship UMS King TabinShweHtee (773) and UMS Inlay (OPV-54) arrived at Port Blair.
21st May 2019 Current Affairs PDF: Download
21st May 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here