- Joko Widodo was sworn in as the President of Indonesia for the second time on October 20, 2019. This would be Widodo’s last five-year term, as he faces fresh challenges such as corruption and economic slowdown.
- World’s oldest known natural pearl was discovered off the coast of Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates. It was discovered by archaeologists working at a Neolithic site on Marawah Island.
- The voting was held in a single phase for 288 assembly seats in Maharashtra. The exit polls predict a major win for the BJP-Shiv Sena alliance in the state.
- Rohit Sharma broke Australian cricketer Don Bradman’s record of highest average in Test cricket on home soil during the Day 2 of India’s third test against South Africa. Rohit Sharma with 212 runs recorded an average of 99.84 on home soil, which is higher than Don Bradman’s average of 98.22 on home soil in test cricket.
- Haryana Assembly Elections 2019 were held on October 21, 2019 from 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM. A total of 1169 candidates are contesting the Haryana Assembly Election 2019.
- AYUSH Ministry recently inaugurated the Ayurveda Palliative Care Unit at Palliative Care Centre, the Base Hospital at Delhi Cantt, New Delhi.
- The Police Commemoration Day was observed across India on October 21, 2019 with an aim to commemorate the brave policemen who sacrificed their in the line of duties.
- Delhi Government on October 21, 2019 agreed to implement Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) scheme to provide the income support of Rs 6,000 to eligible farmers in a year.