- The Indian railways have started Uday express trains on heavy traffic routes. The second luxury train will be run between Vijayawada and Visakhapatnam. These are double-decker Air-conditioned trains. The name UDAY originated from Utkrisht Double-decker Air-conditioned Yatri Express.
- The Defence Ministry had launched the National Maritime Domain Awareness project to gather all crucial information. The two centers Information Management and Analysis and Information Fusion Centre – Indian Ocean Region are based at Gurgaon and works jointly for this project.
- The defense ministries of India and China had a meeting in Beijing to improve military cooperation and cross border situation. Along with this, activities related to 70 years of bilateral relations were also discussed.
- In order to improvise military engagements, India will be doing a Hand-in-Hand Military exercise with China this year. It will be held in Meghalaya and 100-200 troops from both the armies will participate.
- New Jersey resident, Indo American teenager Navneeth Murali, has won the 2019 South Asian Spelling Bee contest. He spelled the word Felipe i.e. to strip by peeling and earned a prize of USD 3,000.
- The chairman of India’s largest public broadcasting agency, Prasar Bharti, A Surya Prakash has introduced two awards in honor of late anchor Neelam Sharma. The awards are named as ‘Neelum Sharma Tejaswini award’ & ‘Achyutananda Sahoo Award’.
- To strengthen the ban on electronic cigarettes, the state Government of Karnataka has amended the Karnataka Poisons (Possession and Sale) Rules 2015, notifying Nicotine as “Class A poison”. Now, the production and sale of such products are banned and illegal.
- The Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati has claimed to have invented two distinct and special membranes capable of separating oil and water under any conditions. Researchers say that it will be useful in oil spill management applications and it will work in the harshest situations.
- The Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation will soon install a live tracking system in all the buses. The MSRTC has over 18000 buses which carry more than 67 lakh passengers on a daily basis. This Vehicle Tracking System- Passengers Information System will give real-time information about the buses.
- Former Australian fast bowler Mitchell Johnson has been elected and appointed as an Honorary Life Member of the Marylebone Cricket Club. The MCC is the governing body of cricket in England and Wales.
- Defense Research and Development Organisation has developed and handed over an indigenous Mobile Metallic Ramp to the Indian Army. This ramp has been developed for reducing mobility time of armored vehicles. Its portable design makes it easy to assemble & disassemble.
- The World Bank has made an analysis of poor water quality. Named this report ‘Quality Unknown: The Invisible Water Crisis’ says that there is a direct relationship between water pollution and economic growth. The poor quality of water is affecting economic growth and also worsening the health conditions of people. The research analyzed the impact of nitrogen, salt and less oxygen in the water supplies of the world due to pollutants getting mixed up in rivers and lakes.
- Tributing the late former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi on his 75th birth anniversary, the Punjab government has launched its flagship universal health insurance scheme called Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana. This insurance scheme is combined with the central government’s Ayushman Bharat and will provide annual cashless treatment up to Rs 5 lakh per family per year. The policy also includes pre-existing diseases. By introducing this scheme, the Punjab state has become India’s first to offer medical insurance cover to its citizens.
- To attract more foreign travelers, the Tourism Ministry has proposed to introduce an e-visa. It is proposed to cost $25 with the option of a short-term as well as a long-term journey. It will come with one-month validity.
- As per the World Health Organisation’s recent study, it is found that Angola, Cameroon, Chad, Kazakhstan, Nigeria, Philippines, South Sudan, and Thailand are facing a major measles outbreak. It shows approximately 90000 registered cases until June 2019.
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|