Shivakumara Swami pontiff of the Siddaganga Mutt in Tumakuru was laid to rest in the mutt premises with full state honors on 22nd Jan 2019.
- Siddaganga mutt seer Sri Shivakumara Swamiji, popularly known as “Nadedaduva Devaru” (Walking God) passed away in Tumakuru, Karnataka at the age of 111. Siddaganga Swamiji was conferred honorary doctorate by Karnatak University, Dharwad in 1965.
- Swamiji was suffering from Lung infection and breathed his last on 21st Jan 2019 at the Mutt premises.
- A plethora of Union & State leaders in attendance as Swamiji was buried with full State honors with lakhs of devotees bidding the last farewell to their beloved Swamiji.
Indian Captain Virat Kohli has become the first player in history to win all 3 ICC awards for the year 2018.
- A) Sir Garfield Sobers trophy for Cricketer of the year
- B) The Test Player of the Year
- C) ICC men’s ODI player of the year
Shri Jha appointed Member of CERC
- Shri Indu Shekhar Jha was appointed the member of Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC) and Shri Lalchharlian Pachuauwas appointed as a member of Joint Electricity Regulation Commission for Manipur and Mizoram by Power Ministry. Union Minister of State for Power and the New & Renewable Energy, Shri R K Singh administered the oath of Office and Secrecy to Indu Shekhar Jha.
India among the Most Trusted Nations Globally: Report
- India is among the most trusted nations globally when it comes to government, business, NGOs and media. The 2019 Edelman Trust Barometer report, noted that the Global Trust Index witnessed a marginal increase of 3 points to 52. China topped the Trust Index among both the informed public and the general population segments.
China’s Economy Grew at 6.6% in 2018, Slowest Rate in 3 Decades
- China’s economy grew at 6.6% in 2018, its slowest rate in almost 3 decades. The world’s 2nd biggest economy was grappling with the effects of the current trade war with the US and declining exports. In the 3 months to December, the economy grew 6.4% from a year earlier, down from 6.5 % in the previous quarter.
AP Cabinet approved 5% quota for Kapus and EBCs
- The Andhra Pradesh State Cabinet has decided to give 5% quota for Kapu community and another 5% to the Economically Backward Classes (EBCs) among the forward castes.
Ranjani Murali Wins ‘Woman’s Voice Award’ at AKLF 2019
- US Based Indian poet Ranjani Murali was awarded the “Woman’s Voice Award” at the Apeejay Kolkata Literary Festival (AKLF). The Objective of the award is to recognize and encourage creative writing by women in India. The Award carried a cash prize of Rs 1 Lakh along with a citation.
Nepal’s Central Bank announces Ban of Indian Notes above Rs 100
- Nepal’s central bank banned the use of Indian currency notes of Rs 2,000, Rs 500 and Rs 200 denominations, a move that could affect Indian tourists visiting the Himalayan nation where Indian currency is widely used. Nepal Rastra Bank issued a circular prohibiting Nepali travelers, banks and financial institutions from holding or carrying and trading Indian bank notes higher than Rs 100.
Lovlina wins a gold medal, Manisha settles for silver
- World Championship bronze medallist Assam’s Lovlina Borgohain claimed the gold medal while Haryana boxer Manisha Moun had to settle with silver at the Women’s National Boxing Championships held at the JSW Sports’ Inspire Institute of Sports, Vijayanagara, Karnataka. Lovlina Borgohain of Assam won the gold in 69 kg category bout.
23rd January 2019 Current Affairs in pdf: Download
23rd January 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|