- India has successfully phased out the use of HCFC 141 b chemical in its foam industry. The substance is one of the most potent ozone depleting substances. India banned the import of the substance from January 1, 2020.
- The World Economic Forum has launched One Trillion Trees Initiative to grow, restore and conserve 1 trillion trees across the world by 2030. The global initiative is aimed at restoring biodiversity and help fight climate change.
- The International Court of Justice announced its verdict in the Rohingya genocide case at the Hague on January 23, 2020. The court directed Myanmar to take “all measures within its powers” to prevent alleged genocide against Rohingyas.
- The Gambia had filed a suit at the International Court of Justice in November 2019, asking the court to urgently put a stop to “Myanmar’s genocidal conduct immediately”. The petition was supported by Canada, the Netherlands and the 57-member Organisation for Islamic Cooperation.
- India celebrated the 123rd birth anniversary of Subhash Chandra Bose on January 23, 2020. He was born on January 23, 1897. He established Indian National Army (INA) and started the Indian National Radio in Germany. It is believed that he died in a plane crash on August 18, 1945.
- India has slipped to 51st rank in Economist Intelligence Unit’s (EIU) Global Democracy Index-2019. China was ranked 153 while Pakistan secured 108th position in the index.
- The International Labour Organisation (ILO) has released World Employment and Social Outlook Trends 2020’ that informed about 188 million people are currently unemployed in the world. The report also informed that about 2.5 million people will become unemployed in 2020.
- Nigerien President Mahamadou Issoufou and Union Foreign Minister S Jaishanker jointly inaugurated the Mahatma Gandhi International Convention Center in Niger. The centre has all the state of the art facilities along with environment friendly atmosphere. With the visit, S. Jaishanker has become the first Indian foreign Minister to travel to Niger.
- Challa Sreenivasulu Setty has been appointed as the new Managing Director (MD) of the State Bank of India (SBI). He will remain on this post for the next three years.
- The World Archery conditionally lifted the suspension imposed on the Archery Association of India on January 23, 2020. The move comes less than a week after elections were held for the controversy-ridden body and Union Minister Arjun Munda was elected as its new President.
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|