1. ICMR’s National Task Force, which was constituted to tackle COVID-19 pandemic, has recommended the use of Hydroxychloroquine to treat high-risk coronavirus cases.
2. The Shaheed Diwas or Martyr’s Day was observed across the nation on March 23, 2020. The day is commemorated to remember the sacrifice made by the three great freedom fighters of India- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru. The three revolutionary leaders were hanged on this day.
3. The Delhi Finance Minister Manish Sisodia presented a budget worth Rs 65,000 for fiscal year 2020-21.
4. The World Water Day is celebrated every year on March 22. Its purpose is to highlight the importance of water and its usefulness. The theme of World Water Day this year is “Leaving No One Behind”.
5. The World Meteorological Organization was observed across the world on 23rd March 2020. The day’s theme this year was ‘Climate and Water’. The day commemorates the foundation day of the World Meteorological Organization, which was set up on March 23, 1950.
6. The United Nations released the World Happiness Index on 20 March 2020 on the occasion of International Happiness Day. According to this index, India has been ranked 144, while Finland has secured the first place.
7. The World Sparrow Day is celebrated worldwide every year on March 20. The main purpose of organizing this day is to raise awareness about Sparrows and work towards its protection. The first World Sparrow Day was observed in 2010.
8. Prime Minister Narendra Modi appealed to the people of the country to stay in the house with self observance of Janata Curfew. It was not a ban imposed by the government or the administration, but a decision taken by the people, for the people. The impact of this appeal was seen across the country on March 22, 2020.