1. Amit Panghal has become first Indian boxer who recently won silver medal in World Boxing Championship 2019. He lost to Shakhobidin Zoirov in the 52kg category. Earlier, India had never won silver medal in World Boxing Championship.
2. In 71st Emmy Awards held at LA, Game of Thrones has won Outstanding Drama Series Award. Apart from this, Peter Dinklage received Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series award for his role in Game of Thrones.
3. ‘Gully Boy’ has been nominated by India for the Oscar Awards to be held in February 2020. The film is directed by Zoya Akhtar while Ranveer Singh and Alia Bhatt are the main characters in this film. Gully Boy depicts the story of a man who becomes a famous rapper coping with his adverse circumstances.
4. Thomas Cook, 178-year-old British travel giant has declared bankruptcy, leaving 150000 British citizens stranded abroad, triggering the largest-ever peacetime emergency rescue operation in the British history.
5. Israel cut off power to some parts of occupied West Bank on Sunday saying that there were outstanding payments amounting to almost US$483 million.
6. India’s Deepak Punia pulled out of his title bout at the World Wrestling Championships to settle for silver due to an ankle injury that he sustained during his semifinal bout.
7. Union Home Minister Amit Shah on September 23, 2019 proposed the idea of a single multipurpose identity card for citizens with all the utilities such as Aadhaar, driving license, passport and bank accounts.
8. PM Narendra Modi and the US President Donald Trump addressed the ‘Howdy, Modi’ event in Houston on September 23rd, 2019. Trump is the first US President to share the stage with Indian Prime Minister to address the Indian-American Community.
9. The International Day of Sign Languages is observed across the world on 23 September every year to highlight the importance of sign language for people who have hearing inability. The first International Day of Sign Languages was observed on September 23, 2018.
10. Ferrari driver Sebastian Vettel won the Formula 1 Singapore Grand Prix on September 22, 2019. Vettel is a four-time world champion of Formula One (F1).