1. India has been ranked at the 87th position among 115 countries in the Energy Transition Index (ETI) that tracks nations on the current performance of their energy systems across various aspects, according to a World Economic Forum (WEF) report released. The report, prepared in collaboration with Accenture, also draws on insights from ETI.
2. The finance ministry expanded the scope of the Rs 3 lakh crore Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme (ECLGS) which will now cover borrowers from the healthcare segment, apart from the 26 sectors identified by the Kamath Committee.
3. In order to encourage people to get COVID-19 jabs, state-run Central Bank of India has launched a special deposit scheme offering an additional interest rate of 25 basis points above the applicable card rate for those who get vaccinated.
4. Standard and Poor (S&P) Global Ratings has forecast a 11 per cent GDP growth for India in 2021-22 on account of a fast economic reopening and fiscal stimulus. However, S&P has flagged Covid-19 containment measures as key risks for the economy.
5. The ICC banned United Arab Emirates (UAE) player Qadeer Ahmed Khan for five years from all cricket after he admitted breaching the anti-corruption code and also charged Mehardeep Chhayakar on six counts for corruption. Khan was charged in October 2019.
6. The United States Senate voted 51-49 to confirm Indian-American Vanita Gupta as associate attorney general, making her the first person of colour to occupy the third highest position at the Department of Justice.
7. NASA’s Mars Ingenuity helicopter made history when the small but intrepid drone became the first powered craft to fly on another world, space agency officials announced.
8. Every year the United Nations marks April 23 as English Language Day. The day is also traditionally known to be the birthday of William Shakespeare.
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|