1. Tejaswi Surya is the youngest candidate of the BJP to win in the Lok Sabha Elections 2019 from the Bangaluru south. Surya defeated B.K.Hariprasad of Congress.
2. Samajwadi Party candidate Azam Khan won in Rampur constituency of Uttar Pradesh against Bollywood actress and BJP candidate Jaya Prada. The BJP won a total of 62 seats in Uttar Pradesh.
3. BJP candidate Giriraj Singh won from Begusarai Lok Sabha constituency. He has defeated Kanhaiya Kumar by more than 4.22 lakh votes.
4. Justices BR Gavai, Surya Kant, Aniruddha Bose and AS Bopanna were recently sworn-in as the Judges of the Supreme Court. With this, the number of judges in the Supreme Court now stands at 31, which is the full sanctioned strength of the apex court.
5. Former foreign secretary Shyam Saran will be conferred with Japan’s ‘Order of the Rising Sun’ award for strengthening the strategic ties and enhancing mutual understanding between India and Japan.
6. India’s opening match at the ICC World Cup 2019 would be against South Africa on June 5, 2019. The Indian Team has won the cricket world cup twice, first in 1983 against the West Indies and the second time in 2011 against Sri Lanka on home ground.
7. The ICC World Cup 2019 will begin in England and Wales from May 30, 2019. The first match will be held between England and South Africa.
8. South African President Cyril Ramaphosa has been re-elected to the Presidential position by the lawmakers of the nation. The Members of Parliament from the African National Congress chose the head of state in the parliament’s first post-election sitting. The African National Congress party won the ballot with 57.5 percent of the vote, its thinnest majority since the end of apartheid.
9. The BJP has won a whopping 18 seats in West Bengal in Lok Sabha Elections 2019, while the TMC has won 22 seats, down from its previous 34 in Lok Sabha Elections 2014.
10. YSR Congress Chief Jagan Mohan Reddy will be sworn in as the new chief minister of Andhra Pradesh on May 30, 2019, at Vijayawada. The YSR Congress trumped over Naidu’s TDP by winning 151 out of the total 175 seats. The TDP has been reduced to just 23 seats in these assembly elections.
24th May 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here
24th May 2019 Current Affairs PDF: Download