- World Polio Day is celebrated yearly on 24 October. The aim behind celebrating this day is to raise awareness about the polio disease and efforts for eradication.
- Every Year October 24 is observed as UN Day by its member nations. The day was first celebrated in 1948 and marks the entry into force of the UN Charter in 1945.
- A study published in the Astrophysical Journal provides new insights into the first growing steps of some of the biggest galaxies in the universe. Lead author of the study Christina Williams noticed a faint light blob in new sensitive observations. He used the Atacama Large Millimeter Array, or ALMA, a collection of 66 radio telescopes high in the Chilean mountains to study this faint light blob. Vo Labbé, of the Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne, Australia is the co-author of the study.
- The PSLV (Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle) of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) will launch 14 small spacecraft of four international customers namely Analytical Space, Spire, iQPS and Kleos Space. The ISRO will have one of its earth observation satellites as the larger primary payload on each of the three PSLV flights.
- Prakash Javadekar, Union minister launched the first national protocol to enumerate the snow leopard population in India. The launch was made on the occasion of 2019 International Snow Leopard Day (ISLD) at the 4th steering committee meeting of the Global Snow Leopard and Ecosystem Protection Program (GSLEP) in Delhi.
- The Data Security Council of India (DSCI) along with National Cyber Security Coordinator’s office has launched “TechSagar’, a national repository ‘to facilitate new opportunities for businesses and academia to collaborate, connect and innovate, in future.
- Shuttler PV Sindhu and Actor Deepika Padukone have been named the ambassadors for Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s new initiative called ‘Bharat Ki Laxmi’ movement. The aim of the initiative is to bring commendable work done by women across the nation to light ahead of the Diwali festival.
- Pankaj Kumar, a 1987-batch IAS officer, has been appointed as the new CEO of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). The UIDAI is a statutory authority under the provisions of the Aadhaar Act of 2016 under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (Meity) with the mandate to issue UID or Aadhaar to all residents of India to eliminate duplicate and fake identities.
- Vice President, M. Venkaiah Naidu will lead the Indian delegation at 18th Summit of Heads of State and Government of Non-Aligned Movement (NAM). The summit will be held at Baku, Azerbaijan on 25 to 26 October 2019 and will be preceded by Senior Officials Meeting and Ministerial Meeting.
- Colonel Chewang Rinchen Setu is 400 meters long bridge located between Karakoram and Chang Chenmo mountain ranges in Ladakh. It has been built at an altitude of about 15,000 feet using micro piling technology.
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|