1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi was conferred the “Global Goalkeeper” award by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation on September 24, 2019 for his leadership in India’s massive Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
2. Defense Minister Rajnath Singh commissioned the Coast Guard offshore patrol vessel ‘Varaha’ at the Chennai Port on September 25, 2019. The vessel can stay in the sea without replenishment for 20 days.
3. Amitabh Bachchan has been selected for the highest Indian film honour- Dadasaheb Phalke award for the year 2019.
4. The Union Government has instituted Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel award, the highest civilian award in the field of contribution to the unity and integrity of India.
5. Deepti Sharma has created history by becoming the first Indian cricketer to bowl 3 maiden overs in T20Is. She ended with figures of 4/8 in India’s first T20I against South Africa in Surat on September 24.
6. The Trilateral Maritime Exercise, MALABAR will be held between the navies of India, Japan and USA off the coast of Japan from September 26 to October 4, 2019. Indian Naval Ships Sahyadri and ASW Corvette Kiltan will be participating in the exercise.
7. The National Unity Day 2019 will be celebrated across India on October 31, 2019 to commemorate the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. This year, the day will witness the launch of ‘Sardar Patel National Unity Award’.
8. PM Narendra Modi recently announced a grant of USD 12 million for the high impact developmental projects of the Pacific Islands Developing States (PSIDS) on the sidelines of the UNGA session in New York.
9. Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) recently launched the Project NETRA (Network for space object Tracking and Analysis), an early warning system, to protect the Indian space assets by detecting debris and other hazards.
10. Tejas Express, India’s first corporate-run train will be launched on October 4, 2019. The train will run from Lucknow to Delhi. The train will be operated by the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC).