1. The World Intellectual Property Day was observed across the world on April 26, 2019, to spread awareness about the role that intellectual property rights like patents, trademarks, industrial designs and copyright play in encouraging innovation and creativity.
2. Former Indian Army Chief General (Retired) Dalbir Singh Suhag was on April 25, 2019, appointed as India’s High Commissioner to the island nation Seychelles. Dalbir Singh was the Army Chief from August 1, 2014, to December 31, 2016. He was also part of the Indian Peace Keeping Force (IPKF) in Sri Lanka in 1987.
3. The Indian Council of Medical Research launched the ‘Malaria Elimination Research Alliance (MERA) India’ in order to prioritize, plan and scale up research to eliminate Malaria from India by 2030.
4. Justice Indu Malhotra was on April 25, 2019, appointed as the third member of the in-house inquiry panel set up to examine allegations of sexual harassment against Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi. Malhotra was appointed to the panel following the recusal of Justice N V Ramana.
5. The Supreme Court on April 25, 2019, constituted a one-man panel comprising former SC judge, Justice A K Patnaik to hold an inquiry into the allegations of a larger conspiracy to frame Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi and fixing of benches in the top court. The top court clarified that the inquiry will not deal with the allegations of sexual harassment against the CJI.
6. Indonesia in a landmark step on April 23, 2019, released a special stamp on the theme of Ramayana for the first time underlining strong centuries-old cultural bonds. The stamp, designed by renowned Indonesian sculptor Padmashri Bapak Nyoman Nuarta, features a scene from Ramayana in which Jatayu valiantly fought to save Devi Sita symbolizing the resolve of two peoples in the face of adversity.
7. The Trump administration has taken a first step toward extending protections for giraffes under the Endangered Species Act. The move comes after legal pressure from environmental groups. Biologists have warned for years that the world’s tallest land mammal is at increasing risk of extinction from habitat loss, poaching, and other threats.
8. China had stopped accepting plastic waste from foreign countries last year. The move has thrown the world recycling sector into chaos. The ban forced countries like the US and UK to find new ways to deal with their own trash, which has resulted in huge pile-ups of trash in Southeast Asian nations.
26th April 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here
26th April 2019 Current Affairs PDF: Download
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|