- The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crimes (UNODC) launched a Lockdown Learners’ series of online dialogues with students and educators in India. The series includes COVID-19 and its impact on Sustainable Development Goals (SDG), peace, and rule of law. The dialogues have been launched by the United Nations body under its flagship program “Education for Justice”.
- World Book Day was first designated by UNESCO in 1995 at UNESCO’s General Conference held in Paris, France. The day honours the world-famous author William Shakespeare, Miguel de Cervantes, and Inca Garcilaso de la Vega and all the authors.
- International Girls in information and communication technologies (ICT) Day is observed on the fourth Thursday of the month of April. The day is observed on 23rd April in the year 2020.
- The observation of the World Book Day was first initiated by Valencian writer Vicente Clavel Andres. The day honours the world-famous author William Shakespeare, Miguel de Cervantes, and Inca Garcilaso de la Vega and all the authors.
- Border Roads Organisation (BRO) has constructed a new permanent bridge on the river Ravi connecting Kasowal enclave in Punjab to the rest of the country. The bridge was opened on 22 April. The bridge was completed ahead of the schedule and opened to farmers.
- Scientists from the Council of Scientific & Industrial Research-Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (CSIR-IGIB) have developed ‘Feluda’, a low-cost coronavirus test for detection of the pathogen. It will not require any expensive machines.
- The Karnataka State government’s “Apthamitra” app to fight against coronavirus was developed by Infosys BPM.
- National Innovation Foundation-India (NIF) was established in 2000. It functions under the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India. NIF is located in Gandhinagar, Gujarat. It provides institutional support for spawning, sustaining, scouting, and scaling up the grassroots innovations across the country.
- The first English Language Day was observed as a result of work by the United Nations. The UN celebrated the first English Language Day on 23 April 2010.
- The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crimes (UNODC) was established in 1997. UNODC functions under the United Nations Development Group. It is headquartered in Vienna, Austria.
- The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crimes (UNODC) was established in 1997. UNODC functions under the United Nations Development Group. It addresses a coordinated, crime prevention and criminal justice, comprehensive response to the interrelated issues of illicit trafficking in and abuse of drugs, international terrorism, and political corruption.
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|