1. All scheduled international commercial passenger services to and from India will remain suspended till July 15, 2020. The announcement was made by the Director-General of Civil Aviation through a circular on June 26, 2020.
2. Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel announced the launch of ‘Godhan Nyay Yojana’ in the state on June 25, 2020. Under the scheme, the state will procure cow dung from livestock owners at a fixed procurement rate to make animal husbandry commercially profitable, prevent open grazing by cattle and solve the problem of stray animals on roads and for environment conservation.
3. The International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking was commemorated on June 26, 2020. The day’s theme this year is “Better Knowledge for Better Care”.
4. NITI Aayog on June 25 launched behaviour change campaign named ‘Navigating the New Normal’, along with its website. The campaign will help people in following the norms in containing the spread of COVID-19.
5. FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023 will be hosted by Australia and New Zealand. The 37-member FIFA Council voted in an open vote to decide which country will host the Women’s World Cup 2023. While Australia and New Zealand won 22 of the 35 votes cast, Colombia won 13 votes.
6. The Women’s World Cup 2019 was hosted by France and it was a resounding success. The United States had beaten Netherlands 2-0 to clinch their second consecutive World Cup title and fourth overall.
7. The US Senate has passed a bill that contains measures that seek impose strict sanctions against China for its decision to implement its controversial national security law on Hong Kong. The bill will now be presented in the House of Representatives.
8. Energia Space Corporation in Russia announced on June 25 that it is planning on taking the first tourist on a spacewalk in 2023, under the terms of a new contract with a United States partner.