1. Global forecasting firm Oxford Economics on April 26, 2021, lowered India’s GDP growth forecast for 2021 to 10.2 percent from 11.8 percent. The firm cited that the lack of a convincing government strategy to contain the coronavirus pandemic and the country’s escalating health burden prompted them to downgrade India’s 2021 GDP growth forecast.
2. Gujarat government announced on April 27, 2021 that it has planned to provide ten lakh tap water connections in this financial year under Jal Jeevan Mission. The state government also reiterated its commitment to achieving Har Ghar Jal target by 2022-23.
3. Justice Rajesh Bindal has been appointed by President Ram Nath Kovind as the Acting Chief Justice of Calcutta High Court. He will succeed Chief Justice Thottathil Bhaskaran Nair Radhakrishnan, who is scheduled to retire on April 29, 2021.
4. Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal announced during a press conference on April 27, 2021 that the state will be setting up 44 oxygen plants in Delhi within one month, of which 21 ready-to-use oxygen plants will be imported from France. The imported plants will be installed at different hospitals and this will help in resolving Oxygen crisis in those hospitals.
5. The polling for the eighth and the last phase of West Bengal Elections will be held on April 29, 2021. Under the final phase, 35 assembly constituencies will go to polls.
6. United Kingdom’s Meteorological Office and Microsoft have decided to team up to build the most powerful supercomputer in the world to forecast weather and climate change.
7. China’s first Mars rover has been named ‘Zhurong’ after a traditional fire god, as per an announcement made by the government on April 24, 2021. The rover is currently aboard China’s Mars probe Tianwen-1, which had entered the Mars orbit on February 24 and will land on the red planet in May to search for evidence of life.
8. The International Chernobyl Disaster Remembrance Day is observed every year on April 26 to raise awareness of the consequences of the 1986 Chernobyl disaster and the risks of nuclear energy in general.
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|