1. Gujarat was ranked at the top of Niti Aayog’s Export Preparedness Index 2020. Maharashtra was placed second and Tamil Nadu followed in third place, as per a report released by NITI Aayog on August 26, 2020.
2. Delhi performed the best across the Union Territories in the Niti Aayog’s Export Preparedness Index 2020, followed by Goa and Chandigarh.
3. The central government has decided to sell up to 15 percent stake in Hindustan Aeronautics (HAL) through an offer for sale (OFS) on August 27-28, 2020. The floor price has been fixed at Rs 1,001 per share.
4. West Indies all-rounder Dwayne Bravo on August 26, 2020 became the first bowler to pick up 500 wickets in T20 cricket. Sri Lanka’s Lasith Malinga is the second-highest wicket-taker in T20 cricket with 389 wickets from 339 matches.
5. Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik approved a special assistance package worth Rs 200 crore on August 26, 2020 for the poor and extremely vulnerable families in the state, which have been affected by COVID-19 pandemic.
6. TikTok CEO Kevin Mayer has announced his resignation from the post, less than three months after his appointment. In an email to his employees, Mayer said that “It is with a heavy heart that I wanted to let you all know that I have decided to leave the company.”
7. Jeff Bezos, Amazon CEO on August 26, 2020, became the first person in the world to hit a net worth of $200 billion. Even amid the COVID-19 pandemic, that affected the businesses and economies, the stocks of the e-commerce platform continue to soar.
8. India and Bangladesh have decided to open a new trade route from September 3, 2020, to promote regional connectivity by expanding the scope of inland water transport mechanisms that will enable trade boost in the region.