1. Jawed Ashraf, 1991 batch IFS officer, has been appointed as the next Indian ambassador to France. He earlier served as the High Commissioner of India to Singapore.
2. According to the Hurun Global Rich List -2020, Jeff Bezos remains the world’s richest person. His net worth is USD 140 billion. The list ranked Mukesh Ambani as the ninth richest person in the world.
3. Five-time Grand Slam champion Maria Sharapova bid adieu to tennis at the age of 32 on February 26, 2020. Maria Sharapova is currently ranked 369. She won her first Grand Slam title – Wimbledon in 2004 at the age of 17.
4. Andhra Pradesh Government has recently launched Anti-Corruption Toll Free Helpline Number. Badminton world champion PV Sindhu has been appointed as the brand ambassador for this helpline number.
5. The Union Government will be organizing India’s maiden Artificial Intelligence summit- “RAISE 2020” from April 11-12, 2020 in New Delhi. The RAISE 2020 stands for “Responsible AI for Social Empowerment 2020”.
6. Canadian doctors successfully performed a surgery using a robot to treat a 64-year-old female patient with brain aneurysm. Brain aneurysm is ballooning of a blood vessel in the brain. It can leak or rupture and cause bleeding into the brain.
7. The government has decided to lift the six-month old ban imposed on the export of onions. The move was taken to protect farmer interests as prices of the crop are likely to fall sharply due to bumper Rabi crop.
8. India exchanged 10 MoUs with Myanmar on February 27, 2020 in different fields including energy, infrastructure, health, transport and communication and conservation of Tigers and other Wildlife.
9. Air India has brought back 119 Indians stranded aboard the luxury cruise ship- Diamond Princess-in the Port of Yokohama in Japan. The cruise liner has been quarantined since February 3, 2020 after a passenger who had disembarked in Hong Kong was tested positive of COVID-19 virus.
10. TOP crops include three major vegetables- Tomato, Onion and Potato. The centre recently launched a new Market Intelligence and Early Warning System to monitor the prices of TOP crops.