- Approval was given by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA), in the 45th meeting of the Central Sanctioning and Monitoring Committee to construct 1, 40, 134 more affordable houses to benefit the urban poor under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) (PMAY-(U)). This makes the number of houses sanctioned under PMAY (U) now to be 85, 11,574.
- On July 25, 2019, Shri Dharmendra Pradhan, Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas and Steel held a meeting with Mr Khalid Al-Falih, Minister of Energy, Industry and Mineral Resources of Saudi Arabia and Chairman of Saudi Aramco in New Delhi. They discussed on improving India-Saudi Arabia hydrocarbon cooperation in order to strengthen the existing overall strategic partnership between the two countries. Minister Al-Falih stressed on the need for capitalizing on the growing momentum in bilateral hydrocarbon cooperation. Mr Pradhan discussed the current developments in the global oil and gas markets, raised India’s concerns on the recent increase in Asian Premium and the decision of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) Plus members on extending production cuts, leading to oil price volatility and highlighted the adverse impact of these developments on the Indian economy.
- Western Railways (WR) opened its first printing press heritage gallery. It was inaugurated by V P Pathak, Member (Materials Management) of the Railway Board. The press came into existence in 1912 under the Greater Indian Peninsular Railway (GIP) Bombay, as the railway was in need of stationery and tickets to run the operations. In 1953, it was shifted to GSD Mahalaxmi at the WR.
- Western Railways (WR) opened its first printing press heritage gallery named Western Railway Mahalaxmi General Stores Depot (GSD) at Mahalaxmi in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It was inaugurated by V P Pathak, Member (Materials Management) of the Railway Board. It became the first press in Indian Railways to portray a heritage gallery of the printing and allied machines used in the Western Railway Printing Press since 1948.
- In India International Bus and Car show, Prawaas 2019 which was held in Mumbai, Maharashtra, Union Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari informed that approval was given to the national permit scheme for inter-state travel for bus operators. It will increase the state revenue by 3-4% as the money will be directly credited to the states in a proportionate manner. Government is also working on alternative fuels such as deriving ethanol from sugarcane which will be cost-effective and pollution-free.
- The University Grants Commission (UGC) which coordinates, determines and maintains standards of higher education has released a list of 23 universities which are declared “self-styled” and “unrecognized“. These universities contradict the UGC Act 1956.
- University Grants Commission (UGC) which coordinates, determines and maintains standards of higher education, has released a list of 23 universities which are declared “self-styled” and “unrecognized“. Uttar Pradesh has the highest number of unrecognized universities – 8 It is followed by Delhi having 7 fake Universities. Kerala, Karnataka, Maharashtra and Puducherry have 1 fake university each while West Bengal and Odisha have two fake universities each The UGC has warned the students against taking admission in these institutions.
- On July 25, 2019, Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Calcutta has signed two Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Carleton University, Canada and Montpellier Business School, France to promote advancement in teaching, research, cultural understanding. STEP: The MoU with both institutions valid for 5 years signed under IIM’s “Student exchange program (STEP)”, which is an integral part of its internationalization efforts aims at providing IIM Calcutta students an opportunity to have learning experience from the international environment. IIM and Carleton University: The reason behind signing MoU with Carleton University to support academic partnerships with the university which include research collaboration, capacity building, executive training, etc.
- INS Tarkash which was constructed for the Indian Navy by Russia reached Saint Petersburg, Russia to take part in the Russian Navy Day parade celebrated on 28 July. The Indian delegation is led by Vice Admiral Ajith Kumar, Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Western Naval Command and INS Tarkash. More than 40 ships, 40 planes and helicopters, and a total of 4000 service men will take part in the Navy day celebration.
- On July 24, 2019, Jordan, an Arab country in Western Asia, opened its first Underwater Military Museum Dive Site, off its Red Sea coast, Aqaba. The objective of the museum is to offer a new type of museum experience combining sports, environment and exhibits for divers, snorkelers and visitors on glass-bottomed boats. It has several tanks, an ambulance, a military crane, a troop carrier, an anti-aircraft battery, guns, Jordanian Armed Forces AH-1 Cobra Helicopter, 19 decommissioned pieces of military hardware, submerged at depths up to 28 metres (92 feet).
- On July 26, 2019, CARS24, an online marketplace for buying and selling used cars has received a license of a Non-banking Finance Company (NBFC) from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and will be venturing into the consumer lending business as a separate entity within the Cars24 group. With Cars24 Financial Services, it will facilitate vehicle loans to customers as well as finance channel partners to help them expand their businesses. For consumers, the average ticket size of a loan would be Rs 2.5 Lakh- 3 Lakh & channel partners will able to get credit as high as Rs 1crore depending upon their requirement. Customers are allowed to sell their car any time at CARS24 in future to pay back the loan.
- The National Health Authority (NHA) and the Healthcare Federation of India (NATHEALTH) signed MoU (Memorandum of understanding), to improve efficiency of Service Delivery under Ayushman Bharat scheme which is also called as Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana(PMJAY).Under the vision of “Health for All”, this collaboration will provide and enable interface for testing healthcare innovation ecosystem, adopting, funding, and providing mentorship in creating channels for scaling these innovations.
- Most nominated actor in Academy Award history, Meryl Streep wins inaugural Tribute Actor award in Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF). The actress has won the Oscar, three times.
- The third edition of Journal Excellence award instituted by The CSR Journal, a digital and print news publication awarded six firms in terms of best practice of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). The theme was “India first”. These 6 firms were felicitated awards by the Union Minister of State for Home Affairs, Kishan Reddy.
- Six firms were felicitated third edition of Journal Excellence award instituted by The CSR Journal by the Union Minister of State for Home Affairs, Kishan Reddy. Awarded firms and their category Tata Power for “Education & Skill Training”. ReNew Power for “Women Empowerment & Child Welfare”. YES Bank Ltd for “Health & Sanitation”. Mahindra & Mahindra for “Environment”. Hindustan Zinc for “Agriculture & Rural Development”. Aditya Birla Capital Ltd for “Sports”.
- On July 25, 2019, A state-owned telecommunications service provider, Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited (MTNL) ’s director Sunil Kumar has been given additional charge of chairman and managing director of the company. He succeeds P K Purwar who was recently appointed the chairman and managing Director of BSNL (Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited).
- On July 26, 2019, Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla appointed Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury, Congress floor leader in Lok Sabha as the chairman of the Public Accounts Committee (PAC). The other members elected to the committee from Lok Sabha are Jayant Sinha, Ajay (Teni) Misra, Satya Pal Singh, Subhash Chandra Baheria, Sudheer Gupta, Darshana Vikram Jardosh, Vishnu Dayal Ram, Jagadambika Pal and Ram Kripal Yadav (all BJP), T R Baalu (DMK), Rahul Ramesh Shewale (Shiv Sena), Rajiv Ranjan Singh (JD-U) and Balashowry Vallabbhaneni (YSR Congress Party) and Bhartruhari Mahtab (BJD).
Qualification Wise Govt Jobs
|10th Pass Govt Jobs||10th Pass|
|12th Pass Govt Jobs||12th Pass|
|Degree Govt Jobs||Degree|
|Diploma Govt Jobs||Diploma|
|Graduation Govt Jobs||Graduation|
|ITI Pass Govt Jobs||ITI|
|Masters Degree Govt Jobs||Master Degree|
|Post Graduation Govt Jobs||Post Graduation|